The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HAD to share these... VISUAL MASTERPIECE'S (UPDATED)

**UPDATE** June 16, 2008

Wasn't sure if I should start an entirely new thread (again) for the sake of promoting the brilliant works of my Italian friends Alesandro and Jack, so I opted to just add to the original one. These guys went a bit competition crazy to see who could create the greatest racing elise. Jack's originally began inspired by the Japanese Grand Touring series, Age's began inspred by a more Prototype LeMans look. I could only advise and add my artistic critique along the way (working on other projects) but these guys did an excellent job. Time spent was a bit more than 4 months on and off.

The final collaboration print: "Main inspiration for the Alpha version were fighters like the F-22A Raptor and F-15 Eagle, for the Beta were SR-71 Blackbird and F-117 Nighthawk."

Enjoy! :clap:

Original Post: Dealing in my line of work, I really get a kick out of digital artists who come up with something new, creative and visually imaginative. My friend Jack, who works in Italy, recently came up with a racing lotus elise render. It looks beautiful and I couldn't resist showing it! Inspired by the Japanese Grand Touring Series... a phenomenal work:
Original Car:

Jack's Work in Progess:

Jack's Final:

High Resolution Link

Age's Work in Progress:

Age's Final:

Combined Print:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yay... a sweet, new, desktop background. That's some amazing graphics work! Were can I order this Kit for my car? :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Wow! That dude is tres talented.

He should make postersized versions and Ebay them. Could be a nice little side business.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Very, very cool. It would be perfect if he got rid of some of the lines up front, but overall, simply awesome! :up:

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
A nice update of an old concept!

1997 LOTUS ELISE GT-1 -SOLD

BTW, looks not withstanding, this car was considered an Elise, it predates the Exige.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The front is a little busy, but overall that is quite impressive. It looks like a screen capture from a video game.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Thats the sort of thing i do, but im not that good ;) sure i can design kits (to a standard) but i cant make them come to life lol

looks nice

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As far as I know, it took between three and four months of solid work to get the final product. He was doing multiple projects, so the final stage of design was more time consuming than the beginning.

As far as the Tamiya graphic on the wing.. :shrug: his choice? Don't believe that the model car company will be building it, but you never know. Making posters is in the works, he will be using a high-res print to market to companies. As far as selling on ebay, probably not, but you can never rule these things out. The car does look like its from a video game, that was part of the inspiration for the work ;)

and Chapster5 also does good work with photoshop, years of practice and soon we will be seeing things like this from him I'm sure.

·
Registered
381 Posts
that's nice. I can see where he gets his inspiration from, in fact I bet if Lotus entered a GT300 car, that's exactly what it would look like.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Wow I wish I had a talent like that, nice work.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts