The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400, manual
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hagerty has had many positive articles about the Evora but their valuation tool doesn't include Evora. Their site does allow you to request that it be added though. If you'd like to see it added please send them a message. The more requests, the more likely they'll add it!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
499 Posts
Yeah, done. And my Evora is insured through Hagerty. The S2 Europa too, for that matter.

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
137 Posts
Trying to decide if it's really a benefit to Evora owners and the cars' resale values for Hagerty to have a valuation tool telling us what they're worth. :unsure:

Reactions: dogtag114

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As far as I know they just compile data and show trends. I think their positive articles may lead some to want to know "how much for one of those? "
The more that do should lead to more interest and drive prices up, I would think. Evoras were off my radar until about a month before I bought one. Did my research and bought one.

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
137 Posts
I would argue that online car valuation tools lead to increased commoditization of the used car market, a function which rarely benefits the holder of an asset.

Reactions: dogtag114

·
Registered
504 Posts
I'd rather the potential buyer of my car have less pricing info out there and just a few highly priced sales.. These evaluation help the buyers more than the sellers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
While I agree with the view point that we do not want Hagerty to set the value of the car, BAT is already showing sales price history for used Evoras. It's not something we can control as these cars become more popular. Supply is limited so it is sort of non-fungible and will hold it's own value.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
499 Posts
I feel that transparency is always best and will result in a fair exchange for both parties.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think prices will drop a lot across the range at this point so trends showing flat and hopefully upwards will be good info for all. They've called these future classics so any bias would be to sport their own prediction. IMHO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts