The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Evora owners. What's been your experience regarding how much you were able to knock off the list/asking price of your vehicles. Obviously there's usually some wiggle room on preowned vehicles, but how about new Evoras? Are dealers coming down at all on their asking price?

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I was searching these past couple months, most dealers were marking new MY11's down $10-12k. Cars are sitting on lots so you should be able to get a great deal. Not sure on MY12 as those have just recently hit our shores.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I would doubt there are any deals on MY12. Seems like Lotus only was able to make a handfull before production stopped and the MY13 start production next month.
I'm sure there are deals to be had on MY10 & 11. I purchased my new MY11 in Feb of 2012 and recieved a $11k+ discount

·
Registered
837 Posts
2012 prices

Okay Evora owners. What's been your experience regarding how much you were able to knock off the list/asking price of your vehicles. Obviously there's usually some wiggle room on preowned vehicles, but how about new Evoras? Are dealers coming down at all on their asking price?
The dealer retained the price quoted in May 2011 when I made the deposit. Prices have gone up since then. I'm not a haggler - the wait has been too long. I'm satisfied.

Just picked up the car today (finally after 13 months), and I paid ≈ $1500 less than sticker.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wasn't quite ready to buy but the 16.5k off sticker on my new 2011 was to good to pass up. That was 2 months and 1400 miles ago. What a great car!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
A little research makes for a very happy informed consumer :smile:

I got my MY 2011 for a little over $13k under MSRP and am very satisfied with the car!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ok guys, some of us were not so lucky. I thought I got a good deal at the time.
Ordered May 2010 (most of the dealers wanted $10K down, including mine. I told them no way), car was built July 2010 (one of the first 2+0"s). bought the car in October 2010, full sticker (not over like some other dealers were demanding at the time). I did get a free Lotus car cover, and a deal on the Lotus sport exhaust.
And on top of this, I was told that I could buy the Lotus super charger kit that would be out in a few months! Oh well, I still love my car. And lucky for me I have had very few problems.
Ron:wave:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Don't feel too bad. A lot of the smoking deals are on old stock. My car sat outside at the dealership for over a year! There's already some rust on some exterior bolts.

donour

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Ordered May 2010 (most of the dealers wanted $10K down, including mine. I told them no way), car was built July 2010 (one of the first 2+0"s). bought the car in October 2010, full sticker (not over like some other dealers were demanding at the time). I did get a free Lotus car cover, and a deal on the Lotus sport exhaust.
And on top of this, I was told that I could buy the Lotus super charger kit that would be out in a few months! Oh well, I still love my car. And lucky for me I have had very few problems.
Ron:wave:
Nothing wrong with knowing what you want and paying for it. The Evora represents a great value even at full price.:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Nothing wrong with knowing what you want and paying for it. The Evora represents a great value even at full price.:clap:
I agree that it is worth paying a premium to get exactly what you want in a Special Order car.

But, realize that the FULL MSRP that Ron refers to, and that I also paid, was BEFORE Lotus US dropped the MSRP by $8K !

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I agree that it is worth paying a premium to get exactly what you want in a Special Order car.

But, realize that the FULL MSRP that Ron refers to, and that I also paid, was BEFORE Lotus US dropped the MSRP by $8K !
What was the original MSRP for the Evora NA. My MY11 says starting at $64500 without options. with options mine was @$77600 and I paid $66400

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts

What was the original MSRP for the Evora NA. My MY11 says starting at $64500 without options. with options mine was @$77600 and I paid $66400

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Mine was 65,000. All options except upgraded wheels and the power folding mirrors. Both of which have been modified post purchase :D

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow Gents. That's some amazing savings (sorry, Ron). Congrats. I didn't think people were getting that much off original sticker. Now having said that, here's something that I forgot to include in my original post......

If I want/need to order one due to me "wanting what I want" in an Evora, will I have any negotiating power? I'm sure I won't get 10K+ off of MSRP like some of you were getting on leftovers, but what can I expect to be able to knock off? Will getting two or three dealerships in on the bargaining do the trick?

In case you're wondering.......Evora S, 6 spd, chrome orange/burnt orange/or isotope green, 2+0, 19/20" diamond cut rims, and I'm already chilling my bottle of champagne to pop if they announce a soft top version at Goodwood this summer. Muhahahahaha!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts