The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT - Epsom green/Zest yellow/Carbon pack
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,
I have hairline cracks in both my headlight housings as shown below. The third photo shows some fogging/hazing in the top right corner as well. The "cracks" appear to be on the interior of the housing and are fairly noticeable even from a distance. Is this a "normal Lotus quirk" or is it covered under warranty?
I've searched the forum for similar happenings but came up with nothing. The car has always been garage kept around 55 degrees and has under 2500 miles. Has never seen snow or salt...
~Kevin
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Headlamp

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is a known issue and they are replacing any ones with issues. Take it up with your dealer and you should have no problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a known issue and they are replacing any ones with issues. Take it up with your dealer and you should have no problem.
That's what I like to hear. Thanks so much!

Reactions: TJBNJ

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah I know of one person with a 21 GT that had theirs replaced as well under warranty. I'd try to fight to keep the old ones heh

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know of one person with a 21 GT that had theirs replaced as well under warranty. I'd try to fight to keep the old ones heh
ok great.! I'll see what they say but I doubt I'll be able to keep them. 🤷‍♂️ haha

·
Registered
40 Posts
You're not the only one and glad to know that Lotus is replacing them under warranty. I've seen a few GTs in person and all except for 1 did not have the inside hairline cracks. Mine has couple of small ones, but not enough to bother me. If it gets worst, I'll take it in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're not the only one and glad to know that Lotus is replacing them under warranty. I've seen a few GTs in person and all except for 1 did not have the inside hairline cracks. Mine has couple of small ones, but not enough to bother me. If it gets worst, I'll take it in.
RIght, they are just now getting annoying but I have the car put away for the Winter. First line of business in spring is an oil change and getting the dealership to check these out. I'll try to remember to update this thread with what the dealer decides!

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,595 Posts
I've got a bunch in mine. Good to hear they are fixing. I'll add it to my list.

Reactions: KJA1081

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey all,
I have hairline cracks in both my headlight housings as shown below...
I have some in both of mine too, 2020 GT. Sounds like others have had this replaced under warranty. I haven't brought mine to dealer yet for this specifically, but I would suggest starting the process sooner than later.

The reason being: I had a bad headlamp on my 2020 GT (internal leveler was broken). Took Dealer (and, really, Lotus) about two months to deal with. They originally found a headlight in the US, but when they received it, it was clearly a refurb and turned out to be from recently reclaimed stock from a dealer that went out of business (or discontinued carrying Lotus). So they rejected it, and took Lotus another month to scour Europe looking for one and send it to US.

Lotus may be building themselves back under new ownership, but parts availability problems for these cars is still a very real issue. (That said, I guess I'm lucky it only took 2 months, considering some of the other stories I've heard).

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,595 Posts
Ugh, this is my fear. I have no need to leave my car with them outside for months awaiting parts.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,595 Posts
My dealer service guy said yesterday that none are available and they've been on backorder since last fall. Ugh.....

·
Premium Member
2017 Evora 400
450 Posts
Don't OEMs have to have replacement parts available for 10 years by law? The car has been out of production just over a month... doesn't look good for the future.

·
Premium Member
3,243 Posts
Don't OEMs have to have replacement parts available for 10 years by law? The car has been out of production just over a month... doesn't look good for the future.
As Catsailr27 has posted before...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the comment, I too have this problem and I have a PFF done by a reputable dealership that is not Lotus, does Lotus replace it or do I have to pay for it again?
Had a different problem and mine was replaced under warranty on 8 October. Don't forget about the PPF on the headlight as that needs replaced too.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
397 Posts
If your car is an Evora GT, it should have come with PPF on the headlight when you bought it new, so would think it should be covered.

My front bumper PPF had to be replaced when I bought my car, Lotus paid for somebody to go to the dealer and apply it. I'm guessing they won't just pay you to bring it to your guy though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm witnessing the same hairline cracks also from the inside of the left front headlight. Very minor at present but annoying to look at. It's probably from the suspension not being able to absorb the road bumps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm witnessing the same hairline cracks also from the inside of the left front headlight. Very minor at present but annoying to look at. It's probably from the suspension not being able to absorb the road bumps.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts