The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I broke down and put a deposit on the HRM Halloween special! I am just too tired of waiting for one build date and then another and then another... C/O was actually my first color choice but I was afraid it was a little over the top(fu*k it!). I think it adds to the safety aspect of the car as well. Speed limit only unless you are at the track though!
If you include the HRM pkg and the early pricing on the car it is actually cheaper than the deal I have at BMC on the Laser car.
That car is so SICK that I just had to have it. Mark did a great job setting it up and he did all of the things that I would have done with a Chrome Orange car(blk wheels,stage 2 exh,painted console, and striping). The HRM wreath is sweet as well. I will add the Carbon Fibre undertray, shift knob, and removable steering wheel from shinoo and go play!! I will eventually get the CF seats as well. I was willing to pay a premium for the HRM package due to the hours and trouble it would be to get all the stuff accomplished on my own.
New member of the C/O Mafia! YEEEEHHHAAAA!!!
:D

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will go back on my word and not remove the radio(wifes request) but will look to other areas for weight savings...:p

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I'm very jealous, it's an incredibly beautiful car. Good luck and welcome to COM.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has been my experience that it usually takes about one week to go coast to coasy enclosed once they actually pick up the car.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Can't wait to see it! (I can get over to Berkeley any time, hint, hint... Seriously: Must... See... Car.)

So when is ETA on delivery?

I am especially interested in hearing the stage 2 exhaust, and seeing the black wheels. Are these the black LSS wheels they offer in rest of world?

As for Chrome Orange, I concur that orange is the safest color. One has to assume that's why Cal-Trans paints everything orange, including highway worker uniforms. As for speeding tickets, the car will be a CHP magnet in any color. Let's live a little. And having seen the SVAG demo car in person, I know I love CO, whereas some other possibly nice colors are still a mystery (FWIW: I've seen SY, AR, and AS -- nice, but not for me). CO really is one of the coolest paints I've ever seen.

Finally: Striping. Do you mean it has black racing stripes?

Edit: just found the HRM website; answered my own questions. Man, you REALLY bit the bullet and threw down. But more power to you. The Elise is a pure toy. It should be purchased with all the joy of buying a pure toy. One of the early taglines of one of my magazines was "Get It All." -- And you truly are getting it all!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
perryeyges said:
It has been my experience that it usually takes about one week to go coast to coasy enclosed once they actually pick up the car.
:cool:
DRIVE IT!!! TWO DAYS!! WHY DELAY!

:) :) :)

Congrats.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
perryeyges and others NorCal folks... bring the cars to the GGLC Run/Meeting on Sat 10/16. Check the calendar section at www.gglotus.org.

We also have the 1st Club111 Track Day on 10/18 at Buttonwillow (GGLC is hosting it for us!)

BTW... The Car looks incredible!!! Congrats!

Cheers!
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
:D perryeyes...beautiful car dude way cool:cool: :bow: :cool:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Iron Butt Randy you are way crazy:huh:
How long do think it would really take me to get from the upper east coast to the SF bay area? I think four hard days of driving..:eek: :eek:

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I think 3 days is easy. You can easily drive 1000 miles per day.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
you did it!

hey perry,
so you did it! you asked me to keep it quiet until the purchase was finished so now I can congratulate you in "public!"

that's an awesome car. if I could afford it I would have beaten you to it!

as for me, it looks like I'll have to wait awhile longer...
:(

mark starr if you're reading this:

give a brother some help! :wave:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts