The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Nice looking car.

For someone that needs to sell desperately, he has priced his car for a nice long sales cycle.

And it doesn't help that the pics he posted look like the ones he took the day he bought the car from the dealer as opposed to current pics.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Elvira S? I've heard that she is in reality, a redhead (Testarossa) with a latex adornments on the front end. Regardless, she is beautifully timeless :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
This has got to be a scam!!! Danger Will Robinson!

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
This has got to be a scam!!! Danger Will Robinson!
Normally a scammer would advertise the car below market to get someone to impulse pay a deposit....

Either a legit seller with a history of concussions or a really stupid scammer.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Even more impressive is that it goes from 0-16 in 4.9 seconds. :confused:

Could be 0-16 feet in 4.9 seconds with E-Brake engaged.

Once I serviced an Audi 5000 stick shift. When I parked it after service I pulled the handbrake because it was a stick shift.
Get a call from the owner [female] when she got home her brakes were smoking. She never released the 'E-Brake' when she left the shop. There is an 'Idiot' light to prevent this which she did not notice.

I put the hand brake on because the car was parked on an incline which could have caused damage to the Austin Healy parked behind it. This can happen with a standard car... most do not know that. They put a car in gear and it won't move... WRONG!
An Automatic will hold but not a standard transmission. With a standard you are relying on the condition of the clutch disc, pressure plate, and gearbox to hold it in place.

Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts