The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share this with you guys. It works flawlessly with my Elise. Best $25.00 spent.. Screen shots are from my actual phone using Torque Lite (free)
..and yes you can check and reset all codes!

Attachments

·
He's on fire!
3,087 Posts
can you log any PID to a spreadsheet and see freeze data? If so you got me beat by $5 :)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Does anyone

Know of a device that works with iPhone?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Know of a device that works with iPhone?
It could if there is OBDII software made to accept BT or Wifi for the Iphone.

There is no "Torque" software for Iphone directly.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx for sharing! where did you order this from?
I did an ebay search and found a local dealer in Brooklyn. I paid a little more then the ones shipped from China but I didn't have to wait at all and if there was a problem it was an easy return.

Just ebay search Vgate mini obd and choose your preference

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did an ebay search and found a local dealer in Brooklyn. I paid a little more then the ones shipped from China but I didn't have to wait at all and if there was a problem it was an easy return.

Just ebay search Vgate mini obd and choose your preference
so was $25 for the iphone compatible one from ebay?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so was $25 for the iphone compatible one from ebay?
I don't think the Vgate cares what phone or device you are using. What does care is the software you are using. I have an Android phone so I didn't need to look at a Iphone OBDII software option. Check Iphone store for OBD2 software that works with either BT or WIFI

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I just said that the iPhone CANNOT use a bluetooth OBDII device!

For the iPhone you need a WIFI OBDII device like the KIWI WIFI!
The iPhone does not have the app called Torque. You would need to use the app called REV.

iPhone = no bluetooth, wifi=yes, app=REV
Android = no wifi, bluetooth=yes, app= Torque

There are other apps available search your market for "OBDII"

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just said that the iPhone CANNOT use a bluetooth OBDII device!

For the iPhone you need a WIFI OBDII device like the KIWI WIFI!
The iPhone does not have the app called Torque. You would need to use the app called REV.

iPhone = no bluetooth, wifi=yes, app=REV
Android = no wifi, bluetooth=yes, app= Torque

There are other apps available search your market for "OBDII"
Well Sorta ...For iPhone users, get roqyBT4 for $5 (must be jailbroken) and the Rev or Dashcommander app.

It works and is a cheaper option. This fixes the BT stack crippling by Apple.

·
Registered
97 Posts
a little off topic but i noticed there are readouts for both speed and rpm, which i've been trying to get an analogue signal for my heads up display. any idea if there's any product that could convert the obd signal into analogue for both speed and rpm? also, are the readouts instantaneous i.e i could actually use them for realtime driving purposes?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
branzzz,
You could build something using pair of LM555s as a "pulse" stretcher to create full scale voltage at max RPM and Max Speed. Their inputs would be the input of one of your coil packs for RPMs and wheel speed sensors (used by anti-locks) for speed. You might have to smooth the output of the 555s with an resistor capacitor (RC constant) if the input is not true analog in your display. I have given you the techno buzz words in this posting so you can research it on your own. (LM555 pulse stretcher, RC constant). You will be looking for values which will have the output constantly triggered at max rpm and max speed. Note: LM556 is a pair of 555s in one chip.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Is there a store where I could buy one? It would be fun having one for tomorrow but shipping wont allow me to get one in time...

·
He's on fire!
3,087 Posts
Is there a store where I could buy one? It would be fun having one for tomorrow but shipping wont allow me to get one in time...
For $25 or less? not likely. If you want to pay $200 there might be....

·
He's on fire!
3,087 Posts
a little off topic but i noticed there are readouts for both speed and rpm, which i've been trying to get an analogue signal for my heads up display. any idea if there's any product that could convert the obd signal into analogue for both speed and rpm? also, are the readouts instantaneous i.e i could actually use them for realtime driving purposes?
Would obdii be kinda slow for reading something like RPM? I'd think that whatever is goign to the tach would have the highest resolution and you'd want to use that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts