The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Symbolic restoration shop in La Jolla with the Los Angeles Lotus club. A bunch of real nice guys with some very sexy cars, including a CO esprit which Shinoo had to be dragged away from kicking and screaming :D Another guy in the club drove in a saleen too :cool:

I'm sure Vantage will post some pics soon! My camera was out of batteries which I only discovered this morning :(

Anyway, they are very excited about the launch of the elise (a few of which are buying some too), and hope we will tag along with them in the future when we get our cars. They have a lot of info to share, as well as good fun!

So again, this brings up the topic about Lotus clubs. Do we join up with official clubs like them, or start are own, or both?

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I don't see why we shouldn't join up with an existing club if it suits our taste. Personally, I was thinking about starting up a club for South Florida, but then I realized that the people down here getting elises are probably already members of car clubs.... that is, tuner clubs. They'll probably hook up their rydes w/ subwoofers and neon and shizzle. They won't be interested in racing, for sure :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats great, I was hoping to join a Lotus club as well. Unfortuntely my expereince was not the same I meet two indvidual Lotus drivers that were mebers at a local car auction. I tried to introduce myself and they made me feel I am out of their league. I been lurking around here for while it seems every one here for the most part seems to be really nice.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I am giving Lotus Ltd. a try to see if it works for me. I am jumping in with both feet and helping with LOG 24 and some local club activities. I like the idea of a larger Lotus club versus an Elise club, I like all the cars Lotus has made over the years.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I think we ought to join them for when they choose to get together, but because they are based in LA, geography will keep us apart from time to time. In this case, some kind of SD chapter isn't a bad idea. I'm not too keen on separation from anyone, so when the chance arises to meet others, it's better to take it.

The pictures weren't too great, sort of boring (didn't take that many). But the video in the parking lot of the Enzo and Saleen S7 is worth a watch. 17MB, needs a host.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Happy Trails Wrote:

Thats great, I was hoping to join a Lotus club as well. Unfortuntely my expereince was not the same I meet two indvidual Lotus drivers that were mebers at a local car auction. I tried to introduce myself and they made me feel I am out of their league. I been lurking around here for while it seems every one here for the most part seems to be really nice.

Happy Trails what Lotus club were these guys a member of? I hope not Lotus Ltd. In all my years as a Lotus Ltd. member I've only met two(2) people who put me off.

Mark Pfeffer - Treasurer Lotus Ltd.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
LOL!

agent.5, your comment reminds me of my last LA autoshow visit. I was checking out a famous riced-out S2000 (the 2 fast 2 furious car) when two guys walked by, stoped to look at the car, then one shook his head in dissapointment and says to the other guy "what a pathetic excuse for an RX-7," to which his friend replies "uh-huh."

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
huggy bear said:
Since you were able to see the orange Lambo and CO Elise at the same time, how do they compare in color tone and pearlesence?
The Lambo is much more metallic than the CO esprit. The pearlescence on the CO is barely noticeable except in the right light. The lambo, however, is so pearlescent that the car changes color depending on your view angle, which makes the lambo all that more appealing. That is why I've decided not to get CO. Seeing it again in person inspired confidence that I made the right decision.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Is she only wearing one shoe? And is that a '69 Roadrunner on the right? I can't explain it, but I _really_ want a Roadrunner with a 383.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts