The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Based on your review of them I was planning on trying a set. I have only run the Trofeos on my Exige V6 Cup. Anything I should be aware of? Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Anybody try the Hankook slicks?
Yes, I tried a set on the 2-11....not as 'good' (read sticky) as the Yoko's but close enough, especially given the lower cost.

Haven't tried Hankooks on the V6.... looks like the Hankook sizing in 17" and 18" tires would require a setup change, given the different OD's when compared to the Yoko's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the reply. How did you find the Yoko on the V6 compared to the Trofeo? Anything you did differently on the set up?

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Thanks for the reply. How did you find the Yoko on the V6 compared to the Trofeo? Anything you did differently on the set up?
Day and night difference.....there is no comparison between a true slick and R-compound tire.

The Yoko slicks will require a change to alignment and ride height. As with all slicks, they like more negative camber. Ride height will need tweaking as the overall diameters of the appropriately-sized Yoko slicks differ from the OEM R-comps. Changing ride height will affect geo settings also.

·
boxerman
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trofeos are crap. They are slithery till warm and then have a sweetspot that lasts 3 laps after which they're like goose****. To me many of the r compunds are street legal tires designed to show good results for a 3 lap magazine road test. If you w nat street legal go for the toyo 888Rs.

The hankook slicks are miles ahead. As Jack said you have to setup the car dfferently, and also it depds on the shocks you have.

·
boxerman
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I tried a set on the 2-11....not as 'good' (read sticky) as the Yoko's but close enough, especially given the lower cost.

Haven't tried Hankooks on the V6.... looks like the Hankook sizing in 17" and 18" tires would require a setup change, given the different OD's when compared to the Yoko's.
What sizes did you use on the 211.

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
What sizes did you use on the 211.
200/580R15 and 235/620R17 .... these have virtually the same OD as the Yoko slicks I've running for the last 12 years on S2 Loti.

I didn't want to try the Hankook 16" tires up front...they were a bit too tall. ;)

·
boxerman
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
200/580R15 and 235/620R17 .... these have virtually the same OD as the Yoko slicks I've running for the last 12 years on S2 Loti.

I didn't want to try the Hankook 16" tires up front...they were a bit too tall. ;)
That makes sense, a friend was looking at hankooks for his 211, but he has stock wheels, he needs 15s up front then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts