The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 2006 or newer Lotus with under 13K miles and preferably only the Touring package and hard top. I would consider the Star sheild and sport pack.. Any engine mods I won't consider as well as after market wheels. I'm not interested in a car with scratches and excess wear and tear..

1st choice in color: Graphite gray/Black or Red
2nd: Titanium /Black
3rd: Arctic white/ Black or Biscuit
4th: Silver/ black
5th: Black/ Black or Biscuit.. (Hesitatingly)

Anyone interested please PM me.. I would have a check in hand at time of delivery. I am in the SoCal area and I'm willing to drive up to 1,000 miles for it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
lol. Good luck. You should be looking at a 2005 with that price range.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Wait till fall/winter and you should be able to find 06's in that price range. It is interesting if you look at the 05's for sale before april/may were cheaper than they are now. Just what happens during the summer and driving season with these cars.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Always mystified by the 'cash or check in hand' remark.

As if a private seller would part with the car under any other circumstances.

·
Registered
263 Posts
For that price range and mileage, you will be having to look for 05's... and even then, you want a very good condition vehicle so you will still be looking around mid 30s for that.

On a side note, you mentioned you will have a "check in hand"... did you expect some sellers accept shells and precious rocks as payment? :p

·
Registered
351 Posts
For that price range and mileage, you will be having to look for 05's... and even then, you want a very good condition vehicle so you will still be looking around mid 30s for that.

On a side note, you mentioned you will have a "check in hand"... did you expect some sellers accept shells and precious rocks as payment? :p
Maybe he's just trying to convey the fact that the seller won't have to wait for the loan clearance/approval and the associated headaches... if he likes the car then he can buy on the spot. :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Have you looked at the market lately? You're right, there are some 05's for sale at that price and being sold by dealers.. If you're going to recondition the car up to a dealers standards I may step up and pay extra for that but I highly doubt most private party vehicles being sold are fully reconditioned. Dealers also have the advantage over private party due to the financing. I don't have that problem.

"did you expect some sellers accept shells and precious rocks as payment?"
You couldn't compare shells to diamonds but how would a trust fund baby know that, right? I would part with anything if it was beneficial, including "precious rocks". I assume you never made your own money....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Have you looked at the market lately? You're right, there are some 05's for sale at that price and being sold by dealers.. If you're going to recondition the car up to a dealers standards I may step up and pay extra for that but I highly doubt most private party vehicles being sold are fully reconditioned. Dealers also have the advantage over private party due to the financing. I don't have that problem.
Marlonius,

There are also private party sellers (non-dealers) that are selling their '05 cars for that price but that is because it is extremely cleaned, very low miles and well maintained with service records...that's why I dispayed the link to the '05 graphite gray with 4K miles and the seller lives in Manhattan Beach.

One thing that very few '06 cars selling at mid to low $30K range have in common is that, all have high mileage, not so clean and/or poor maintenance. Like someone else stated, hang around a little and I'm sure something will show up, good luck :up:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Firme,

Thanks for the advice. I'm a patient buyer and like in all forms of negotiations.. If you're the buyer you control what you accept. I do it for a living so it's become the nature I live by.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2006 Lotus Elise convertible (hard top and soft top), 12,407 miles, storm titanium exterior (silver), red leather interior, black powder-coated rims, sport pack (includes Yokohama, sport rims, star shield) stored indoors, no track miles.

Looking to get about $32K, OBO.

In Los Angeles.

Let me know if you are interested/have any questions.

[email protected]

·
Registered
342 Posts
06' Exige NA in Storm Titanium, Custom Stripes
I am selling my 06' Storm Titanium Exige with Larini SE exhaust and Euro Grills, cold air induction kit, K40 integrated Radar & Laser system, HID Lights, Lotus Mats and a really stripe set-up ( Done by HRM ). and red tow hook.

This local one-owner Exige was sold new by HRM and has been driven just 7.4k miles! It features the factory Touring Pack, Star Shield, and Metallic Paint. It has also been fitted with a professionally installed front-& rear- K40 radar detector, 100% Wool Lotus mats edged in Red, and Red painted engine cover, Silver finished lightweight forged alloy wheels (16" front, 17" rear) shod with Yokohama A048 Advan LTS high-performance tires. Almost forgot again.. HID lights and fog lamps fitted $38.5K or best offer

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/6-exige-na-testing-waters-70396/

·
Registered
48 Posts
Graphite Gray/Black Leather. The Link below has pictures. I'm in the Southern California area. Hope you like it.

2006, LOTUS, EXIGE

13,000 miles
leather interior
never tracked
star shield
Lotus installed performance ECU
Limited Slip
Excellent Condition/No scratches or dents
$37,000 OBO

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Graphite Gray/Black Leather. The Link below has pictures. I'm in the Southern California area. Hope you like it.

2006, LOTUS, EXIGE

13,000 miles
leather interior
never tracked
star shield
Lotus installed performance ECU
Limited Slip
Excellent Condition/No scratches or dents
$37,000 OBO

Don't see the referenced link...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Let me know if you still have trouble opening the link. I have a potential buyer who says he going to get financing this week. I'm still open for offers though. Already have a deposit out on another car so have to sell the Lotus.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for not updating earlier. I purchased an Exige back in Nov. 2008.

Moderator: Please Delete post.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I I would consider the Star sheild and sport pack.. Any engine mods I won't consider as well as after market wheels. I'm not interested in a car with scratches and excess wear and tear..
Not interested in a car with scratches !!!, :D , one of th best lines I've ever heard here.

Quite an extensive color selection bracket.
Are you in Sales by any chance?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts