The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
643 Posts
Your garage is awesome! I'm so jealous! Mine is a one car backs in one car pulls in type. And the passenger can't get in until it leaves the garage. Have to redo the driveway next year or the year after. Planning on widening it. But have really been thinking about extending the garage. As it is now I'm about 4' too short to fit the Mini behind the Lotus. Or vice versa. Plus, If I do extend it, I can have higher ceilings as the addition won't be under the house. Then I can get a lift! Sorry man, had a cocktail or two and I'm rambling.

Point is that is one sick garage and I'm jealous!

Reactions: Crazy05

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,879 Posts
Beautiful setup! After living in apartments for 10 years we finally bought our first home and I was able to get a two car garage! While not as nice or as clean, I’m thankful to just have a place to work that is my own!

Have fun on the track too!

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful setup! After living in apartments for 10 years we finally bought our first home and I was able to get a two car garage! While not as nice or as clean, I’m thankful to just have a place to work that is my own!

Have fun on the track too!
sounds great to finally have space to work on your car

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your garage is awesome! I'm so jealous! Mine is a one car backs in one car pulls in type. And the passenger can't get in until it leaves the garage. Have to redo the driveway next year or the year after. Planning on widening it. But have really been thinking about extending the garage. As it is now I'm about 4' too short to fit the Mini behind the Lotus. Or vice versa. Plus, If I do extend it, I can have higher ceilings as the addition won't be under the house. Then I can get a lift! Sorry man, had a cocktail or two and I'm rambling.

Point is that is one sick garage and I'm jealous!
thanks dude, it will happen

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The pandemic was the motivator. Last spring when everything was shut down i made the decision to rebuild most of the garage space. I did all of the work myself. the exterior was gutted and all new framing, cedar clapboards, widened insulated garage doors were added. I had the cubby on the side with shelves. Gutted all of that and plumbed in the sink. added new LED lighting and the big install was the three layer epoxy floor. Still need to deal with hvac and a flat screen next but it has come a long way and makes working on the car so much easier. The only bummer is low ceilings so I hope some type of mini jack system, just to get the car in the air, can be worked out. And my wife gets a nice place to park her car in the winter!! All good.

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
643 Posts
The pandemic was the motivator. Last spring when everything was shut down i made the decision to rebuild most of the garage space. I did all of the work myself. the exterior was gutted and all new framing, cedar clapboards, widened insulated garage doors were added. I had the cubby on the side with shelves. Gutted all of that and plumbed in the sink. added new LED lighting and the big install was the three layer epoxy floor. Still need to deal with hvac and a flat screen next but it has come a long way and makes working on the car so much easier. The only bummer is lowe ceilings so I hope some type of mini jack system just to get the car in the air can be worked out. And my wife gets a nice place to park her car in the winter!! All good.
Looks absolutely fantastic. Have I told you how jealous I am? LOL! Great job dude. You should be proud of yourself.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
744 Posts
The pandemic was the motivator. Last spring when everything was shut down i made the decision to rebuild most of the garage space. I did all of the work myself. the exterior was gutted and all new framing, cedar clapboards, widened insulated garage doors were added. I had the cubby on the side with shelves. Gutted all of that and plumbed in the sink. added new LED lighting and the big install was the three layer epoxy floor. Still need to deal with hvac and a flat screen next but it has come a long way and makes working on the car so much easier. The only bummer is lowe ceilings so I hope some type of mini jack system just to get the car in the air can be worked out. And my wife gets a nice place to park her car in the winter!! All good.
What brand roof is that and how do you like it? The opening looks a bit different from others I have seen.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are those the Elise Cup R forged lightweight wheels?

also nice garage, I just bought a house with a 3 car and the first thing im doing is having a professional put down epoxy floor

whats your replacement tire after the re71's are toast? I'm bummed they are being discontinued, it would be dumb for bridgestone not to release a replacement in the US imo

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What brand roof is that and how do you like it? The opening looks a bit different from others I have seen.
it’s a discontinued carbon roof from Sector 111. You are correct that the opening is wider than the typical mohawk roof

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

also nice garage, I just bought a house with a 3 car and the first thing im doing is having a professional put down epoxy floor

whats your replacement tire after the re71's are toast? I'm bummed they are being discontinued, it would be dumb for bridgestone not to release a replacement in the US imo
the wheels on the car are Volks ze40 with the new falken rt660 tires. these are my daily. the wheels on the garage floor are just standard LSS forged wheels but in the wider exige sizes with RE71r’s. I bought an additional set from tire rack so I should be all set for this season.

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
it’s a discontinued carbon roof from Sector 111. You are correct that the opening is wider than the typical mohawk roof
the roof only weighs I think 9 pounds. It creaks a little and I would have preferred that the scoop, although wider, carry the same general lines as the original. oh well

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

whats your replacement tire after the re71's are toast? I'm bummed they are being discontinued, it would be dumb for bridgestone not to release a replacement in the US imho
The Falken RT660 has almost the identical tread pattern and 200TC as the RE71R, virtually identical and Grass Roots Mag did a comparison of the two tires with almost a matched performance output. So who knows, for now I have the RE71R's for this season.

·
Registered
643 Posts
the rook only weighs I think 9 pounds. It creaks a little and I would have preferred that the scoop, although wider, carry the same general lines as the original. oh well
Everyone has their own preferences, of course. But for what it's worth, it looks fantastic.

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like your APR lip... would you say it sits lower or about the same at the OE lip?
well without measuring and swapping I cannot say exactly but my guess is the same. the first time I saw the apr on a car I had to have it. the cf is super well done, reinforced where it needs to be, fantastic fit and finish and best of all I found it on amazon for $100 less than buying it directly from APR, even though it was shipped directly from APR. a win win.

·
Registered
17 Posts
well without measuring and swapping I cannot say exactly but my guess is the same. the first time I saw the apr on a car I had to have it. the cf is super well done, reinforced where it needs to be, fantastic fit and finish and best of all I found it on amazon for $100 less than buying it directly from APR, even though it was shipped directly from APR. a win win.
Good to hear, look forward to getting mine. Apparently they've been on back-order. I placed my order back in February.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts