The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Irregular rust corrosion from the first week of ownership. ImageUploadedByAG Free1389089758.483969.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389089783.538101.jpg

Fuel cap leakage after 2.5weeks of ownership. 5 times so far.
Filled it up till full and it starts leaking as soon as I start driving. ImageUploadedByAG Free1389089922.481563.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1389089934.804287.jpg

Hard to find 2nd and 6th gear.
4th gear knocks to neutral intermittently when I'm accelerating.

Alarm activation button (Lotus Logo) on the key doesn't activate the alarm. Note**CR doesn't come with central locking, just the alarm.

Off-topic: Car runs extremely rich due to 200cell cat. How to solve this problem especially with a T6 ecu? I know someone in Hong Kong who can remap the ecu but it must consists of EPROM soldering before it can crack into the protocol. Are there any safer ways like Piggy back or Aftermarket ecu to override the current factory map?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
676 Posts
Did you buy new or used? I'm shocked by those issues

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
What the hell? You need that A-arm (is that what it is?) swapped, maybe they forgot to galvanize it or something. And for the fuel cap, is there a seal or something missing? Crazy.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
If you overfill the tank, it can leak (like you pictured). The A-Arm needs re-galvanized, or, it needs to be powder coated to protect from corrosion.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you overfill the tank, it can leak (like you pictured). The A-Arm needs re-galvanized, or, it needs to be powder coated to protect from corrosion.
Or just treated while on the car and repainted, then watched closely. Sounds like he bought a used car and found some issues he didn't expect.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
The rust looks more like a chemical reaction with some type of acid. It doesn't look like typical rust to me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
my guess is that battery acid leaked down to the A arm. Pull up the trunk carpet and have a look at the fasteners in the bottom of the trunk.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Where can we get those keyed gas caps?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Probably aftermarket gas cap, that's close but not right, and leaks. Seems like it would be throwing the code as well.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
just a dash of road salt could yield similar damage.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
man I hope that isnt happening on mine while Its in the dark garage and cant be inspected well/easily

·
Registered
407 Posts
I bought the Stant locking gas cap and it fits just fine without leaks or throwing codes. Used it for 6 months. Available for sale cheap.
Same here. Works great. I've had it on for over a year and no problems.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts