The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, my new SSR's for the Elise have shipped. I'm sad to say I'm going to have wheels for my elise before I have my elise!

I'll post pics when they get here.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Are you keeping your standard wheels? I'll buy them!!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, got them from Tirerack. They arrived today in fact. :)

As far as my car.....lets just say I'll have it REAL soon. :D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
what color are the the wheels? what color is your car (CO right?)?

Are the wheels going to be for track use only? If not, any worries about strength? I assume you got them in LSS sizes, are you going with 048's? Do you have the Sport Pack or are you going to run them with the stock suspension?

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wheels are gunmetal grey. The car is LSS and the SSRs are in the same sizes as the LSS rims..in fact thats the only size they offer.
Im not worried that much about strength, I dont think it will be an issue on the Elise. If I had a WRX or EVO or heavier car I'd worry a little more. I had SSR's on a 3rd gen RX7 for a few years and they did fine.

Yep the car is CO. :)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, SSR's are for autocross. Stockers are for street. Im probably going to put Toyo Proxes on my stockers.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I use the Proxies T-1S and love them. If the 205 fits, that is what I'll do as well. I'm thinking of the Kumho's for track on SSR Comps. Just waiting to see if the 205s fit.

BTW, glad to hear the car is close. I told you I had a good feeling.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI, these SSR's are, for lack of a better phrase, PIMP. Gunmetal with polished lip. YUMMY

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure yet.

George is trying to take off work sometime this week but his employer is NOT very happy. He asked today but they just said " that's not much notice" and "why cant you go this weekend" and didnt get back with him. :mad:

I hope to come on wed or thur...but at this point we're up in the air.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Jen,

Have you put any tires on those SSRs yet?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nice that these are available in Elise LSS wheel dimensions. SSR Comps are not available for the year 2000 S2000 in stock sizes.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No, havent mounted them yet. I have the tires for them...we've just been busy. I'll see what I can do.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts