The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, for the 2005 elise. if i buy a hard top will i need additional brackets? or can i just stick it on as is.

·
Registered
972 Posts
You talking about buying someone else's hard top? Assuming that's the case, I think most (or all) should come with the mounting hardware attached directly. Unless they were purposely removed or discarded you should be fine. Might only be missing the rear bracket covers that I believe just velcro in place or the front windshield / roof liner thingamajig if anything.

·
Registered
760 Posts
There are additional brackets needed up front and for the rear. There is no locking mechanism on the hardtop itself, nor in the cabin (like other cars with targa tops have).

·
Registered
676 Posts
The 2005 hard top should come with brackets two in rear, two in front. These are necessary otherwise your hardtop will fly off! There are also bracket covers, two in rear, one big one in front, which are cosmetic only.

I believe the 07+ has an extra middle rear bracket

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i'm buying someones hardtop. my elise only came with the soft top so i dont know if i need to buy anything extra for the hardtop to fit.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
you should be ok on the attachment points as the top's mounting hardware is "captured". Just go slow putting it on so you don't chip up paint. Get a friend to help you lower it onto the car during install/removal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts