The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks do we really need a hard top? i'm still debating on it since i got my ardent red elsie. i live here in sunny socal and how often do we get rain??pls. give me some feedbacks

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
veryfast said:
hey folks do we really need a hard top? i'm still debating on it since i got my ardent red elsie. i live here in sunny socal and how often do we get rain??pls. give me some feedbacks
Rain??? The soft top will protect you from the rain! :D

I like the looks of the hardtop, but given the effort to put it on and take it off, I realized it would permaently hang in my garage, so I ordered the car without it. However, if you're not a convertable-type person and really would rather have a coupe, the hardtop may be perfect for you.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
with a convertable I would always order the hard top if you think you will use it or not-it's way more expensive to by it after the fact and at some point you'll be glad you have it,of course I live in NY not sunny socal :cool:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
veryfast said:
I also live in sunny SoCal and I just ordered one for these reasons:

1) don't feel like the car is complete without it. Just think down the road, when this model is no longer being produced......."if only I would have bought the hardtop when I had the chance"!

2) In the winter, we have prolonged periods of cold (Ha Ha Ha) It's all relative!

3) More effective at insulating from extreme heat in our brutal summers.

4) It gives the car a different and more sexy look.

5) Will last one hell of a lot longer than the ragtop.

6) Won't scrape your head when you roll it over!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Re: Re: hard top

pianomaniac said:
I also live in sunny SoCal and I just ordered one for these reasons:

1) don't feel like the car is complete without it. Just think down the road, when this model is no longer being produced......."if only I would have bought the hardtop when I had the chance"!

2) In the winter, we have prolonged periods of cold (Ha Ha Ha) It's all relative!

3) More effective at insulating from extreme heat in our brutal summers.

4) It gives the car a different and more sexy look.

5) Will last one hell of a lot longer than the ragtop.

6) Won't scrape your head when you roll it over!
My thoughts exactly:clap:

Ron it seems that we are two of a kind;)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I also live in SoCal, but decided not to bother with the hard top. I like having the top off. If I decide later to get a hard top, I'll go for the gull wing (sector111) since you can take off the panels and put them in the trunk fairly quickly.

·
Registered
268 Posts
hardtop option

Of course, if you wanted to pay double the money for an aftermarket hardtop, you might as well go with carbon fibre...

If I had $4,300 kicking around, I'd buy this in a second!

http://store.sector111.com/hardtop.html

-=cixel

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Re: Re: Re: hard top

Patricko said:
My thoughts exactly:clap:

Ron it seems that we are two of a kind;)
Hi Patrick,

I had my Stage 2 replaced today and it's ssssoooooooooo nice to have no rattles again. Too bad that we didn't connect for lunch,but I didn't have much time and settled for a Denny's breakfast ( or what I could force myself to partake).

Hope you are well and happy. I wish you all the best.

I may try to get out to Fontana on Sat. if I can catch up on work before then. I wonder if there is a spot left for another S/T, in this case?
In any event, it would be great to see you.

Ron

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I wouldn't expect you all in CA to get it. Here in the NE or in the midwest it becomes a very, very nice to have. Glad i ordered mine. And it's so damned sexy!:)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
If you think you'll be driving with the top on lots of the time, get the hardtop. My hunch is the painted surface will hold up better over time than the canvas of the soft top, thus it may actually end up paying for itself eventually. Besides, it's absolutely gorgeous with the hardtop. The car looks a bit awkward with the soft top on, thus in my mind it makes more sense to either have no top on, or the hard top on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts