The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Anyone invested a harder springs for their Trackpack Bilstein?
The stock springs in my Trackpack Bilsteins now have 325# front and 450# rear springs. The stiffer springs are much nicer but I believe another real plus is the elimination of the stock progressive rates. Unfortunately, the springs in the track pack are not common diameters so the body needs modifications (at least that's what I recall my shop telling me).

If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, I highly recommend the shop that did this work for me, TC Design

They are known for safety equipment but I've found their expertise in suspension, setup, and fabrication to be phenominal. They've also been working on Elises' way before Lotus brought them into the US, and I trust them with all my routine maintenance and unexpected repairs. (I did a bit of comparison shopping and discovered their shop rate and time to R&R a front clam was significantly less than the other local independents.)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I've also heard from other suspension threads around here that changing the spring rates without having proper valving in the shocks can lead to a less than ideal setup.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Time to upgrade. I'm at this juncture also! I run 8 front and 9 rear for track. Will try 9/10 this spring but I'm getting full compression on a lot of hard high speed turns.

A

·
0 Posts
I'm also curious to see if stiffer springs on stock shock absorbers would give better results. Did anyone try it ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts