The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Valentine - 1 Radar Detector came with the car, hard wired with small Head-up Display in front.

A week a ago it stopped working. :sad:

Usually when I jiggle the the Power Jack (looks like land line Telephone style Jack) on the main V-1 unit , the main unit and the heads up display in front both comes back on.

However this time no luck ! :(

Any suggestion what to check and how to know if my main radar unit is dead or its just no getting the power ?

Thanks for your Help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Go to radio shack and pick up a digital multimeter. doesn't have to be anything super fancy. From there you can use it to check continuity, voltage etc, and narrow down from there. Good tool to have around regardless.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
First make sure that the V1 is turned on (turn the volume knob to on position)
As far as I remember you can unplug the remote display, which should then activate the display on the main unit (not 100% sure about this though). Try that to see if the problem lies in the main unit or its power supply, or if it is the remote display which has a problem.
You could also try and plug the V1 in using the cigarette lighter cable. That way you can see if it is the hard wired power supply which causes the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts