The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start out with, yesterday was beautiful. I hardly could wait to take some time away with my family from the stress of moving since the last couple weeks have been congested with the fact I spent five days cleaning out a small home for moving inspection which was mainly stains in the carpet. Then having to clear Fort Lewis in one week because my former boss wanted my help/expertise when it came to setting up for an exercise. So I gracifully allowed to stay at my mum's till I secured a well off job, but stressful as anyone who ever had to do that. Well we took a well deserved day off to the mountain yesterday. Started with getting up at 7am, forcing my wife out of bed :D, and getting the kids ready. We jumped in the good ol' chrystler LHS (huge boat of a car) and set off. The morning was little less then frustrating. Not only did I feel I needed to top off the gas guzzling luxury car, but the mis leading sign sent us on an adventure to find one. Turn left 1/2 mile. Turned left. 5 miles later...
Well needless to say we continued on our way and got gas somewhere else, although we got stuck behind a pair of huge touring busses. Losing patience, lead footed it around the two busses one at a time, causing my wife to lose a few minutes of her life expectancy, specially since they were narrow curvy roads :D
Well we entered the park, with a tail gating celica behind us, she veered off to the other park ranger and the race entailed who would pass through the gates first. :confused: Well she got ahead, tires squeeling trying to get out at the ranger toll booth first.
We stopped a few places and finally had lunch next to the falls. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful day. I looked up to see the corvette club roll by and pondered that it would have been a great day for the lotus crew to roll up through here.
We ventured up to the visitor center and mostly found myself chasing my 18 month old daughter around the visitor center. After my wife had enough "excitement" from the children, she wanted to leave. As we headed out, there was a yellow elise with black racing strips parked behind some harleys in the middle of the street. I pointed it out to my wife and she asked me if I wanted to go take pictures. The guy seemed to have that expression of "don't bother me" so I shrugged and told her that I won't worry about it. Well he was following the harleys as he left the parkinglot before us but somehow on the way down, the harleys and the elise ended up behind our Land yacht the entire way down the mountain till they pulled off at the train eatery I believe. We had to ask each other, why he following harleys around in a lotus? Bike break down and didn't want to ride sitting "buddied up" behind one of your friends? Buying a bike soon and couldn't wait to go on a ride? :huh: Don't know your reasons but give a shout out! :D

Btw, those spandex wearing, funky teardrop helmets, sunglass sportin, fingerless glove wearin, road hoggin, head between the handle bars, rear up in the air about to recieve, bicyclists were out in force yesterday trying to struggle up the mountain. Damn hippies, should get off the road, someone's gonna fly around a corner and hit your slow dumb ass because you chose to ride up hill at 5mph in a 35mph zone in the middle of a very narrow road. I respect that if you doin it to work out but take it less public for everyone's safety.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Btw, those spandex wearing, funky teardrop helmets, sunglass sportin, fingerless glove wearin, road hoggin, head between the handle bars, rear up in the air about to recieve, bicyclists were out in force yesterday trying to struggle up the mountain. Damn hippies, should get off the road, someone's gonna fly around a corner and hit your slow dumb ass because you chose to ride up hill at 5mph in a 35mph zone in the middle of a very narrow road. I respect that if you doin it to work out but take it less public for everyone's safety.
You haven't gotten laid in a while have you?-poke-

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
the law provides for them to ride on the road :) not that anyone would care after being run over, but in your scenario, it is the wreckless car driver that should get get off the road!

:shrug:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Interceptor, I just picked up an 05 elise the other day. Maybe you will see me running around post. Make sure to wave and if im parked you can feel free to take pictures. Maybe if your real nice I'll take ya for a ride.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You haven't gotten laid in a while have you?-poke-
I'm married so no I haven't. rotfl

the law provides for them to ride on the road :) not that anyone would care after being run over, but in your scenario, it is the wreckless car driver that should get get off the road!

:shrug:
I wasn't speeding, can't speed in an LHS.. but knowing how people hit those corners... In the Evo club I was in, they rally up that road and hit the corners hard, if there was bicycles out, someone would have gotten hit. Boils down to that regardless who's at fault, I rather not see anyone crash and burn.

Interceptor, I just picked up an 05 elise the other day. Maybe you will see me running around post. Make sure to wave and if im parked you can feel free to take pictures. Maybe if your real nice I'll take ya for a ride.
I read your thread man, there is a silver elise on post too. Don't think he's on the forums but when I talked to him he wasn't very friendly, :shrug: maybe in a hurry or the whole "I'm an officer and you're not". I'm out of the army but if I ride through lewis and I see ya, I'll be sure to give you a two finger salute. I usually ride the dark red VFR on post, think I'm the only one.

Except I have a mohawk now :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts