The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
Actually, we just received KMS harness bars this week. "Perryeyges" bought the Titanium version and I installed the Chromoly version in "jplotus" car. We still have to fine tune these before making them fully available. BTW: Blackwatch Racing will also have one soon + harness.

They are not on our website since we still need to tweak them.

Heres a pic of the Ti version in Wes's car:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Will we be able to take out our other seat belts if we use the harnesses you will offer?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,440 Posts
KuroiSport said:
Will we be able to take out our other seat belts if we use the harnesses you will offer?
Sure, but you may want to keep the stock belts for convenience sake - especially if it is a daily driver.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Shinoo,
Does the bar act as a support brace for the car as well? I suppose if it is meant to strap belts to then it must be bolted to some part of the chassis. By the way... How comfortable are those seats vs stock?

THANKS!

·
Registered
364 Posts
What is the status of the harness bar and what harnesses are available?

·
Registered
364 Posts
shinoo,

Another question: Can you adapt a video camera mount on this harness bar? Will you offer one? What is the diameter of the bar? Maybe the Brey-Krause camera mount will adapt.

Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not to get off topic, but is the Blackwatch website still in development? It looks like every link goes to the BWR mission page except the tire covers.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
AutoXr said:
Not to get off topic, but is the Blackwatch website still in development? It looks like every link goes to the BWR mission page except the tire covers.
To answer for Robert... he has a couple designers quoting the website design now. So the answer is mainly yes, that was a temporary holding place that stayed there... but it should be replaced soon.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hey, I can whole heartedly recommend to all of you not to move to a new house, during the holidays. while your wife is pregnant and you're trying to get your new business up and running!

I anticipate the new website going live by the end of January. At that time, we should also have the harness bar and adjustable front anti-roll bar, followed in February by at least two adjustable shock solutions.

Thanks for your patience!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Any updates? TIA

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I did a test fit last week and everything is looking good.
I requested one small change before production begins.
The final version should be ready to look at in the next day or two, and then we'll make a batch. I expect to have product available by the first week of February.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Hey Robert,
Let me know if/when you are free and you can show me the harness bar and perhaps we can do lunch then too. I know you are busy!

- J

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After tracking the car this weekend, I definitely need a harness bar before the next event. Not so much for me, but for my passenger. Without grab handles, it is very hard for the passenger to stay out of the driver's way. I was passenger in Randy G's Elise all weekend, and my shoulder is sore from bracing my self by grabbing seat bottom front.

Shinoo - when can we expect a product? Or has anyone bought directly from EliseParts? Honestly at the prices EliseParts charges ($175 + shipping) I may get a local shop to fabricate one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts