The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I copied this from another forum Im on and thought this would be a cool event. Its open to all car types. Oh and Im already registered.. :D Who is coming with me?? Deadline to register is July 16th.

Join us at Harris Hill Road racetrack July 26th!
Saturday Jul 26

Harris Hill Road, San Marcos, TX: Harris Hill Road

Please join us for a rare opportunity: an S2KCA-sponsored HPDE track day at Harris Hill Road! This new racetrack features 1.8 miles of new asphalt covering twists, turns, and elevation changes. The event is capped at 45 cars so that all drivers will get plenty of uncrowded track time to learn and play. Instructors are provided to all first-timers. This track is a private, members-only facility and it's a special privilege to be invited to hold an event here.

NOTE: we reserve the right to remove anyone who, in our judgment, at the event is acting in a reckless or uncooperative way, and entry fees will not be refunded.
Registration fees are $170 for S2KCA Club Members and $185 for non-members.
Cars are required to have passed a tech inspection 30 days or less before the event by a qualified ASE mechanic.

Follow this link for more information and registration: MotorsportReg.com : Event Details
Note that the event is now open to all makes and models. This will be a great opportunity to compare notes with other SVT drivers, as well as learn from other types of cars.

THE TRACK
H2R is nestled in the hills of northeastern San Marcos, Texas. The course is very easily accessible, sitting approximately 2.5 miles east of IH-35, approximately 2 miles west of Texas Highway 21, and a little over 2.5 miles from the San Marcos airport.
We're right in your backyard. H2R is just 26 miles from downtown Austin and approximately 55 miles from downtown San Antonio.
H2R operations are housed in a 6,000 square foot clubhouse overlooking 150 acres of land with a very nice view of downtown San Marcos and Texas State University.
The track is a 1.8-mile asphalt road course, 36-feet wide. The pit lane consists of a 24-foot wide, 1/4-mile asphalt strip. The staging area includes the capacity for up to 60 cars -- including 30 covered parking spaces and 30 uncovered parking spaces.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That second link doesn't work. It sounds like fun, but it is probably at 8 AM Sunday morning. I'll be finishing off the blow and clearing the hookers out of the house.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chili, are you bringing your Gotham-ized beast to the event? Neat. :up:

MotorsportReg.com : Event Details

I was going to post something on here from the organizer but you beat me to it. Way cool.

I've driven this track in the S2000T. "Fill 'er up with brake pads and check the gas while you're at it..." Very fun track and totally worth it.

Also please note the Saturday date and not Sunday.

Best,
Stanford

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chili, are you bringing your Gotham-ized beast to the event? Neat. :up:

MotorsportReg.com : Event Details

I was going to post something on here from the organizer but you beat me to it. Way cool.

I've driven this track in the S2000T. "Fill 'er up with brake pads and check the gas while you're at it..." Very fun track and totally worth it.

Also please note the Saturday date and not Sunday.

Best,
Stanford
Yep Ill have the Gotham out there.. :) Hopefully we can get another lotus or 2 out there for some fun.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Maybe...

Yep Ill have the Gotham out there.. :) Hopefully we can get another lotus or 2 out there for some fun.
Dang did you see the elevational changes on this track! This could be a pretty fun track to run. I'll have to see if my S2K friend at work is going. We always BS about track days / driving but have never been at the same event.

Might have to talk to my better half about this event. She has a friend in San Marcos, she could visit with her while I'm at the track.

....hmmm...:evil:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
No can do...on call @ work and moving into new place. Been slackin' big time this year on the track stuff.

Other than some sessions tenatively planned for Driveway Austin in August, I think the only thing I have planned is TWS later in year, and possibly Cresson in December.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang did you see the elevational changes on this track! This could be a pretty fun track to run. I'll have to see if my S2K friend at work is going. We always BS about track days / driving but have never been at the same event.

Might have to talk to my better half about this event. She has a friend in San Marcos, she could visit with her while I'm at the track.

....hmmm...:evil:
Just remember you only have till tomorrow to register. Looks like XTN is already registered.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Just registered.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just registered.
Ahh, you must be Erik.. :) Saw that another lotus registered for the event.. Looks like its going to be a fun one..

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
S2000s for breakfast and more S2000s for lunch.

Took my exhaust all apart last night. Hope I can get done reconditioning and reinstalling it soon.

xtn

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
S2000s for breakfast and more S2000s for lunch.

Took my exhaust all apart last night. Hope I can get done reconditioning and reinstalling it soon.

xtn
I know there is going to be at least 1 MX5 Miata there thats going to give us a run for our money. James Leisure is going to be there.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I believe he posts as geezer on here. Instructor level driver..be afraid..be very afraid.
No reason to fear a faster driver. It's always helpful to have a guru around setting a target level.

Jasper, if you make it I'll buy your dinner my friend.

xtn

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope some Corvettes register, I always like beating up on them.. Oh and the Vipers as well.. :D

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Ahh, you must be Erik.. :) Saw that another lotus registered for the event.. Looks like its going to be a fun one..
You got it. Now I just need to get some new rubber in time...

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'll probably skip this event since I run out at H2R as a member and have other opportunities to get on the track with minimal traffic. I met another Elise driver out there earlier today and we had a great time comparing lines, car setup and driving style. We did some lead follow laps, rode with one another, and later swapped cars for a few laps. Harris Hill is a lot of fun and has very interesting elevation changes that you have to experience to appreciate.

Just a couple things that may not be apparent from the marketing blurb earlier in this post: (1) the covered parking does not yet exist (although it's on the drawing board), so plan on pitting in the full sun, and (2) closest gas station is about 5 miles up the interstate. I've discovered that you can go through the small tank on the Lotus very quickly!

I really think the ultimate car for this track would be the Exige S (or, of course, the 2/11). Enjoy the day; it should be a great event.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts