The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Elise R and am shopping around for a supercharger (not OEM). Sector 111 said their Katana 2 is not compatible with the 2011's ECU. Drag... I talked to Andrew at BOE today and he isn't aware of any issue's with their Rev 250 system and the 2011 ECU but will need to confer with Phil over the weekend to make sure. He suggested they send me a cable so we can see what's inside that ECU of mine to make sure there won't be any issues with the tune. Sounds like a good idea except that I'm on the road and away from my car and was hoping to add the SC pronto upon my return in 2 weeks time. Can anybody out there tell me if they have successfully added or heard of somebody successfully adding a non OEM SC to their 2011 Elise R? cheers!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
if any one is going to pull it off it's BOE. Pronto is not prudent imo. Take your time with the install, & get it right. Make sure you do the rear engine mount too. In other words, just make sure you know EVERYTHING else that needs to be done, in order to end up with the best installation/drivetrain upgrade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys Iam a present installing a centrifugal supercharger to a 1ZZ engine on my Series 2 Elise. We have had a few problems mechanically which have now been solved. We will be re-mapping the Lotus ECU (we know a man that has the unlock code) and looking for a moderate 250 BHP to make the engine more flexible on the lower rev range. In the longer term if this is deem successfully will be producing kits for home/professional upgrades. Will update soonest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts