The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering .. if anyone has adjusted their seat height in an Evora. I'm 5'5" and am getting ready to buy but dealers are saying they can't adjust the seats because of liability issues. I looked at the recaros and they seem to be bolted to the frame. What would need to be done to raise them 3 inches?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Based on what little I've messed with the seats I think you'd be better off putting spacers between the seat frame and the base of the car. You'd need to get some longer metric grade 10.5 or better and use 3 inch square steel tubing as a runner under each side. Not sure if the seat back has 3 inches of extra room or if it'll cause an issue with the seat belt latch given it'll be a little ways down on the side of the seat.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm about that height and have been driving an evora for 2+ years. The only issue for short people is the visor is so skinny it does nothing to block the sun at all. Otherwise, no problems.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that info 2011.. it seems in that article bibs posted a diagram of the evora seat frame which is fastened by 4 bolts. I weigh 135lbs.. do you guys think I need support between the bolts from front to back or will the sliders be sufficient?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same problem

Just got my Evora a little over a week ago and have been looking into options for seat height. I am a little shorter than you so any height adjustment would be appreciated. I ordered these seat adjuster brackets.
Adjustable Seat Risers
Haven't received them yet, but will let you know when I install them. Supposed to be adjustable from 2" to 4".

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Fast Donkeys.. That would be great and an easy fix. I take it you've measured the bolt pattern distance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got the seat brackets in and they fit great. I did have to pick up 4 nuts and bolts to attach the seat to the bracket and a local hardware shop. I got grade 8.8 just to be sure. Tried 4" first, but was way too high. Set it at the minimum 2" and it seams just right. There are 3 connectors under the drivers seat and one is the seat belt sensor. I have no clue as to what the other 2 do. They are the exactly same size connectors so I don't remember which way they go or if it matters at all. Maybe you should mark them before you disconnect them. If any one can chime in as to what they go to and how to connect them, that would greatly be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
The second set of connectors is for the seat heating

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thats what I figured, but I don't have heated seats. Maybe the connections are there any way. I have a 2011 so maybe prewired. Funny thing is that the seat also have the connections.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Maybe it's like the power mirror and all you're missing is the switch. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts