The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting an evora but I don’t know what the difference between the two is like. I’ve had the fortunate opportunity to drive the s in hethel when they first were coming out. How much of a difference is it in the real world? You know on public roads.
I was thinking of this car as a Touring car.
What I’m replacing is an Alfa spider. I had some grate times going cross country in the spider.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an NA but at times I had wish I had purchased a "S" model for the extra power. Still a NA model has almost 280 HP on a car that weighs around 3,000 pounds. I've put on a Larini exhaust, decat pipe and a BOE intake. My car is more responsive and way fun to drive especially in "Sport" mode. Did I need the extra 70 HP and extra torque from a "S" model and spend the extra $10K? Not really. I found a good deal on an NA and that's what I chose. If money wasn't an option, I would have "ponied" up and got the "S" model or maybe even a "400", "410", or "430" model.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have driven a N/A and a S back to back. Both were manual, but I had driven the IPS variants of each on other occasions. The N/A isn't what I consider slow, but the difference to the S is very noticeable. Both have very linear power delivery but the S has tons of low and mid-range torque. Flooring it in 2nd gear pins your head back in the seat. I don't want to take away from the N/A though, plenty of members here are happy with theirs and there are getting to be more and more aftermarket options to boost power on the N/A. I would highly recommend test driving both even if you can't drive them back to back.

There are some minor differences in the suspension as well, as mentioned in this video. Although I don't know if this was the case for all model years... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
it seems that the power difference is not 70hp, but less. the S version has not 350 hp but 320 (more or less). and it weights more...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts