The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I hurt all over. All my muscles and joints. Even my fingers kind of ache.
My neck, lower back, legs etc. My legs even ache when I'm just sitting. Its hard to explain. I couldnt even sleep last night because I hurt so much. I took some ibuprofin and it didnt do anything at all.

Walking up stairs takes effort. Its really bizarre.

I havent done anything out of the ordinary either. I took a walk in my house shoes, rather than my tennis shoes one night ( dont ask)...which were flat footed. Could that have thrown my leg muscles out of whack?

Anyone had this before?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
i tend to stay away from doctors whenever possible but i'd say this is a case where a phone call to your dr. is probably warranted.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably. Problem is, I no longer work ( as of two months ago) and as such my insurance has expired. I need to just get myself added on to my husbands insurance but that bumps us up to "Family" which costs an EXTRA $270 a month. :rolleyes: So I've been holding off. I know thats lame...but Im not a doctor kind of person either.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that could be the case. I'm actually sneezing a little today and had a stuffy nose last night too. Thats nothing *too unsual for me so I didnt think much of it.

Also Im allergic to bleach and I think I added a little too much to the wash because the bedsheets still kind of smelled bleachy. I wonder if that could cause such symptoms? I didnt know allergies could cause you to ache all over?

Its just odd. Even as I type this my wrists ache. lol Damn, Im 30 and falling apart!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Take your temperature. Do you have the flu? It could be flu symptoms.

I agree with seeing a doctor. It could be anything from a flu to a mild case of botulism. Better to see a doctor (and spend a few bucks) than be really sorry later IMHO.

Hope you feel better soon!

Bob

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
It sounds a lot like a viral syndrome that is causing quite a bit of muscle pain. I don't think it's the walk in flat footed shoes, I doubt it is from the bleach allergy. Viral syndromes are typically self limiting. However, quite a bit of other stuff present initially like this and mimic viral syndromes.
I don't know you personally but reading your posts over the past year or so I get the sense that you're a tough person, active (MTB etc.) and to get you to be as miserable as you sound, well... it would have to be something impressive.
I'll be honest, I don't understand people who don't like going to the doctor and prefer to 'get over' whatever ails them in it's own due course. However, all that said I think you need to see somebody at least for safety's sake. RE Insurance issues. You can COBRA yourself retroactively if your bill is an issue and cover yourself while you get on your husband's plans.
HTH and hope you get better soon. PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you begin to have a severe headache...it could be meningitis. Those symptoms sound like how I felt for a day or two and then a terrible headache came. I finally went to the ER and they did a lot of tests...viral meningitis (I'd be dead if it were bacterial). If the headache comes don't mess around, get to a doctor.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I hurt all over too. I'm getting old...;)

It sounds like something that has been "going around" here. It seems like everyone has had it lately. It could be the flu, but it could be worse.

Get over not wanting to go to the doctor. Nearly two years ago, I was feeling miserable for a couple of months and running a fever. Finally went to the doctor. In testing to see what was wrong with me, purely by accident, they found a nice growth on my kidney. Three weeks later, I had one cancerous kidney removed - the bad kind of cancer, but they caught it early, and it's completely gone. If I'd waited, I just might be gone by now...

By the way, the fever had nothing to do with the cancer. Just luck. But if I hadn't gone to the doctor....:huh:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
So how are you today?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I had a migraine type headache/face ache ( sinuses) all night. Which isnt unusual. I wasnt able to sleep. Im not as sore today.

Heck, I dont know whts going on. I think my allergies combined with other factors just really knocks me on my arse.

Thanks for asking !! :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
No Problem, make sure you don't get dehydrated (which is easy to do) Frozen Pedialyte sticks are always a good thing to have around, also drink half gatorade/half water mix to stay hydrated, it's not as strong a taste as gatorade and it'll get some electrolytes into your system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts