The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my daily driver and I'm an airline pilot so I'm taking my suitcase with my often. I'm nervous about scratching the seats if I put my suitcase up front. Has anyone found a rolling suitcase that fits in the trunk? Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
610 Posts
You can only fit a medium size soft luggage in the boot.

I drive my Lotus only if I have to travel for less than 3-4 days, longer than that you'll risk having a dead battery on your return to the car park.

I usually put my large hard cases in the passenger seat and belt it in, your mil spec pilot cases with metal corner protectors would do damage to the plastic and Al on the interior if it makes contact.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that pretty common for he battery to only hold a charge for less than a week, even if it's driven pretty regularly?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I drive my Lotus only if I have to travel for less than 3-4 days, longer than that you'll risk having a dead battery on your return to the car park.

I usually put my large hard cases in the passenger seat and belt it in, your mil spec pilot cases with metal corner protectors would do damage to the plastic and Al on the interior if it makes contact.
Is that pretty common for an Evora to only hold a charge for a couple days?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
You can fit a full size roller in the back seat no problem. Duffels work best in the trunk. Simple towels or similar protect the backseat leather.

The car has bad parasitic drain, but a full size battery should get you longer than a week. May want to replace the battery ESP if you have a crappy oem varta

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Aren't there some rolling duffles out there?

·
Illegal Alien
5,285 Posts
I use leather duffles, matching black leather w/ red stitching

Attachments

Reactions: GuppyCaptain

·
Registered
888 Posts
suitcase

A full sized suitcase fits easily behind the front seats plus room for a stuff bag or two. I've left the car parked for up to a week at a time with no problem starting it to return home. This car is very practical with the amount of space it has for luggage. Also plenty of space for stuff bags in the trunk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use leather duffles, matching black leather w/ red stitching
I have be same interior so that would look pretty sharp, but I need something on rollers.

Sounds like I'll be throwing my current suitcase in the back on top of a towel. Now to find the right towel ?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Is that pretty common for he battery to only hold a charge for less than a week, even if it's driven pretty regularly?
Just last month, mine sat 3 weeks and then started right up. 2014 with the original battery and no battery tender.

If I'm going to leave it for a while, I try to leave the trunk unlatched just in case I need to get to the battery. I'm fearful the manual cable snapping right as I need it.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I've piled an amazing amount of stuff in the Evora for beach vacations (as evidenced by people parking in a hotel garage and watch me load it all). The back seat easily carries two large carryons with still enough room to stuff jackets, handbags:rolleyes: etc around them. I throw a towel on it just to make sure nothing happens the leather but I really don't think I need to. The carryons will leave little dimples in the seat bottoms from the wheels but they pop back out after a few hours - I guess I could put the bags in upsidedown.

Squishy bags work in the boot but I've thought about buying something like these for times we don't need as much stuff as my wife says we need grown up bags not squishy ones.

https://www.skyroll.com/shop/skyroll-garment-bag/
https://www.amazon.com/Sidekick-Oxygen-Roller-Bag-Backpack/dp/B007D26XA4

As for the battery - on a few occasions when I forgot to plug it in my Evora has gone at least 3 weeks off the tender without an issue (did I just curse myself) although I think it's on it's third battery (as I replaced one over the winter and the one in it wasn't the Varta so I'm assuming the dealer replaced the original before I bought it).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've piled an amazing amount of stuff in the Evora for beach vacations (as evidenced by people parking in a hotel garage and watch me load it all). The back seat easily carries two large carryons with still enough room to stuff jackets, handbags
etc around them. I throw a towel on it just to make sure nothing happens the leather but I really don't think I need to. The carryons will leave little dimples in the seat bottoms from the wheels but they pop back out after a few hours - I guess I could put the bags in upsidedown.

Squishy bags work in the boot but I've thought about buying something like these for times we don't need as much stuff as my wife says we need grown up bags not squishy ones.

https://www.skyroll.com/shop/skyroll-garment-bag/
https://www.amazon.com/Sidekick-Oxygen-Roller-Bag-Backpack/dp/B007D26XA4

As for the battery - on a few occasions when I forgot to plug it in my Evora has gone at least 3 weeks off the tender without an issue (did I just curse myself) although I think it's on it's third battery (as I replaced one over the winter and the one in it wasn't the Varta so I'm assuming the dealer replaced the original before I bought it).
That looks like it would be the perfect fit. I just worry that everyone would wonder if their pilot is dying and needs to be on O2 the whole flight haha

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Beach trip, with a female.

Charleston 035.jpg

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
This is my daily driver and I'm an airline pilot so I'm taking my suitcase with my often. I'm nervous about scratching the seats if I put my suitcase up front. Has anyone found a rolling suitcase that fits in the trunk? Thanks.
Great.....just what this forum needs is another airline pilot :facepalm

;)

I've had my 26" Luggage Works roller on the rear seats on towels without issue. Of course it's a pain in the arse because as you know they're already heavy even when empty.

Are you really going to leave it in employee parking? There's one crazy Brit on this forum who flies for JBA that does that at JFK but I think it's mostly on Carib turns.

I'm confident that if I did that in BWI I'd come back to parts missing off the vehicle, or worse.....ALL of the vehicle parts would be missing.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
:up: great pic

I think we had you beat as last time we had a second carry on and beach chairs along with all that stuff.....
Actually, we had a charcoal grill and a mini keg of beer. Wanted a pack of cigarettes but no more room.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great.....just what this forum needs is another airline pilot

I've had my 26" Luggage Works roller on the rear seats on towels without issue. Of course it's a pain in the arse because as you know they're already heavy even when empty.

Are you really going to leave it in employee parking? There's one crazy Brit on this forum who flies for JBA that does that at JFK but I think it's mostly on Carib turns.

I'm confident that if I did that in BWI I'd come back to parts missing off the vehicle, or worse.....ALL of the vehicle parts would be missing.
I have the plastic luggage works bag but it's time to replace it. I've only had the car a week and I just payed to park in covered parking. I'm in Houston so thinking about leaving it in the sun and potential hail is a bit unnerving. Looking for a long term solution but it's only like $5 a day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts