The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a paint "blister". A small bubble of paint coming up. The blister has not broken yet.

Has anyone had this issue? Was it taken care of by Lotus?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I've noticed a paint "blister". A small bubble of paint coming up. The blister has not broken yet.

Has anyone had this issue? Was it taken care of by Lotus?
Curiously, where is the blister located?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
inside top of left front fender, about 13 inches in front of the drivers mirror.

Edit to add that I haven't gone over the rest of the car with a fine tooth comb, this one just jumped out at me.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
inside top of left front fender, about 13 inches in front of the drivers mirror.

Edit to add that I haven't gone over the rest of the car with a fine tooth comb, this one just jumped out at me.
I take it this is not a starshielded area on the Exige?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. However if/when it breaks it's going to look awful as this it's on a Black Exige. And I seriously doubt "touch up" paint will work as it's Starlight Black.

This car has only just over 3,000 miles on it.....:sad:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Blister, yes.

The night I brought the car home I found one on the rear clam just aft of the drivers side window just below the roll bar cap. It was about 1/2" in diameter. Symbolic, the dealer in La Jolla photographed it and sent the image to Lotus. Lotus agreed to fix it under warranty. The car was brand new.

Good Luck.

Mike

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had a very small one on the hard top, and Lotus took care of it. I even managed to peel big sections of paint off when I removed tapes after trackdays, Lotus took care of those under warrenty as well.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
I have two very small ones infront of the hood scoop on the roof of my Exige. They are barely noticable though. Next time I get it to the dealer, I'll see if its covered by warranty or not... I'm assuming that when I have the StarSheild replaced next year I'm going to have to get a bit of touch up down anyways, maybe this will get added to my list.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hand spprayed it is. I noticed that the 3 stage paint jobs are sloppy. The 2nd stage is usualy uneven

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not the first owner, so I'm a bit worried as to where I can take it. I'm also not sure about what lotus's warranty is on paint. This is our third Lotus, never have had this problem on any of the others.

The starshield wasn't applied properly in some places either....

Good grief, I wonder if they take the starshield off if all the paint will come off with it. :panic:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Good grief, I wonder if they take the starshield off if all the paint will come off with it. :panic:
When getting different estimates on both the wreck and the hit and run a few years ago I asked that same question and the overall feeling was that a respray would be in order once the starshield is removed. A couple folks felt that they could remove it without damaging the paint but also admitted that they hadn't tackled it before.

I would have your service dealer photograph the problems and sort it out with Lotus for you, surely they'll take care of it for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts