The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the cheapest place to buy St II exhaust. I remember Patricko got his for around 750.00 from somewhere???. QS is around 675.00 from Shinoo right?.

I would like to hear soundclips of the 2 exhausts side by side. I know people were thinking of doing this but has it been done yet???

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Stan said:
I paid around $615-625 for my Stage 2 at the dealer. As I've suggested before, make sure you do comparisons on broken-in exhausts so that the final sound can be heard. They quiet down a bit as the packing gets loaded with soot.

did dealer install and if so, how much for labor???...or did you do install yourself??...not sure I want to tackle that one myself.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
sheesh, still no sound clip comparisons????...get to work people...:):)...actually, I dont really care anymore cause Shinoo will help me(actually, I will help him) install mine so by default, I gotta go QS now.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Stan said:
I forgot my meter but Surferjer and I compared the Lotus Stage 2 and the Quicksilver side-by-side at the Saturday get together. With the naked ear in neutral just revving the cars it sounded like the SPL was very comparable....I personally don't know which was louder. There is definitely a different "sound" to each and that is nice as we get a choice. Jer says that the exhaust gets way louder under load and upstairs. So does the Stage 2 but this would be meter time. I hesitate to say this since this is very unscientific and I could have it backwards but listening at the autocross the next day it seemed like it may be louder than the Stage 2. But I'd have to compare that sound to what I remember mine sounded like weeks earlier with a co-driver. Our memory for sound is best when we compare A/B directly and without delay. So a few weeks and a different venue might throw things off!!

so Stan, is it fair to say you cant go wrong with either one???...they both in their own unique way sound very good and a clear upgrade to stock???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.