The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Nice deduction, Stan. I never thought to look at the build of these units. I will tell you-QS sounds very different than the stock exhaust. The pitch, growl, backfeed, all of it. It sounds kind of like a different car.

Stan, the autoX on the 24th has been postponed to the 31st, and I don't think I can do that one. I will update. Are you wandering through the area any time soon?

I will scour the autoX boards for another meet, and get back to you. There's still a chance I'll go to the 31st meet.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Hey, Shinoo-I didn't get a new 2.5 inch clamp-I had to cough up $1 exactly for a clamp at NAPA, and got a 2.75! What a ripoff!

;)

Yesterday I coughed up ANOTHER $1 for a 2.5. Maybe it'll quiet my tiger down a bit...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I think they sounded similar for loudness. The comment I heard from others was that the QS sounded "throatier", but not louder. I can't define "throatier" except IMHO the QS sounds more ragged and edgier. I'm not describing it well. And I don't know how the Stage 2 sounds under load. If Stan and I were thinking, we should have swapped cars for a brief drive. Then we could have compared under load.

To me the bottom line is you can't go wrong either way. Try to get a listen and go with your preference. The only tangible difference (if you put Stage 2 on yourself, making the cost the same) is that the QS if 4 lbs lighter. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Great point, MX. Along with that, do you like the exhaust pointed back or down? A matter of preference.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Glad you like yours, Andy. I really think it's a matter of preference----and I'm not sure which one I prefer. Since I could put the QS on myself with no cutting, I opted for it. But you should listen and pick based on the wonderful tune you want to hear!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.