1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
Just curious if anyone successfully made an extra keycard for the stereo? If so did you have any trouble or vary form the printed directions. Thanks
I was reading the manual and it seems like you have to purchase a spare key card from Blaupunkt. You can have up to two keycards for what I've read.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok here is the deal form what I gathered. The Keycards are in some type of proprietary format. Thus basically mean you cant not just put in a store bought sd/mmc card and make a backup. You need to by there already specially formatted keycard for 20.00 and then you can make an extra card. Stupid setup as you should be able to just use a standard sd card/mmc and make a backup…oh well. Luckily, I did manage to find my original.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'd bet donuts that you actually can make a backup with the right tools (ie, Linux).

I can read every single bit out of an MMC card and make another one just like it.

Unless they're using the card's internal electronic serial number, it would be easy to clone an entire card of any format, DOS or otherwise.

It will be one of the first things I try after I get my Elise, break it in, get service, and see nasty weather outside. :)

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ground Loop said:
I'd bet donuts that you actually can make a backup with the right tools (ie, Linux).

I can read every single bit out of an MMC card and make another one just like it.

Unless they're using the card's internal electronic serial number, it would be easy to clone an entire card of any format, DOS or otherwise.

It will be one of the first things I try after I get my Elise, break it in, get service, and see nasty weather outside. :)
Cool! I wait to see what you can do instead of buying their stupid card.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Ground Loop said:

Did you do this yet?

I'm reviving the thread since Terminus lost his and had to purchase a new one for $29.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Looks like I'm on the losing end of some donuts.

The Blaupunkt "MMC" Mini KeyCard may not be an MMC card at all.. it just looks like one. I can't get any MMC reader to initialize it, let alone start reading it. It stays in the "not ready" state and never comes online.

The other two styles of Blaupunkt KeyCards, larger ones, claim to be ISO-7816 smartcards, llike SIM cards and satellite dish decoder auth cards. I'm wondering if they just repackaged these into an MMC-shaped form factor and used the same pins, but none of the logic that goes with MMC.

This would be supported by the "ST Micro" part number on the back of the card -- they make smartcards, not MMC cards.

I have ISO cardreaders, but would have to rig up an MMC->ISO adapter. The pinouts are similar, with power, clock, and serial data, so it's not inconceivable.

Still, I'm surprised they went with something so specialized instead of just an ordinary MMC ROM card with a coded value on it.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Los Angeles MP 72, the one with the MMC card reader/key card behind the removable face plate.

Ground Loop, smartcards were and still are very popular in europe, phones, credit cards, satellites systems etc... so it makes sense they used that.

Don't worry because even rigging up a smart card reader and replicating that in the format of an MMC connector card won't be worth it. The price to replace them is not great but not really bad either, so we just have to be carefull not to loose them ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts