The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is quoting me $750 for the Light kit in the grill including installation. Has anyone ordered this yet, and if so, how much did you pay? They say that it is very difficult to install taking up to 4 hours and that Lotus stopped offering it.

djk

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
no way any light kit on this car takes 4 hours to install by a competent mechanic. I don't know exactly what this entails, but there is just no way to consume that much time.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
offroadr35 said:
no way any light kit on this car takes 4 hours to install by a competent mechanic.
You might need to remove the front clam on cars that are not already wired for the lights. But I hope not, I want to add the driving lights. I'll probably do it myself though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the dealer did say that the car was not prewired for the lights.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Early cars were not prewired. Later cars are.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Early cars were not prewired. Later cars are.
I wonder what the VIN # cutoff was - but mine's pretty low... :(

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
this has been discussed before. if i recall the cutoff was around VIN350

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Interesting... I better get underneath my car again... my vin is 354. I'll let you know whenever I get around to it.

Cade

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
LotusLust said:
this has been discussed before. if i recall the cutoff was around VIN350
Ha, typical, mine's a few under that.

Oh. wait a minute I don't want any additional lights...nevermind :p

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I can believe the job takes 4 hours.

the book grants 3 hours to remove and replace the little grills on either side of the center grill (front bumper). I had one little grill replaced and it took the mechanic over 5 hours! The front clam had to be moved/removed to do this, so I would expect the clam to be removed to install the lights too...

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Light kit

I went to my dealer today and was told that lotus has not released the light kit for the Federal Elise yet. They said it would probably not be avalaible until the end of January. Has anyone else herd this or anything to the contrary.

Also it turns out that my car is indeed pre wired.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts