The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Taking apart is easy. Just remove screws on top and attachment point screws on either side. Must remove right side trim as well. Putting back together to get it to close properly is the trick!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taking apart is easy. Just remove screws on top and attachment point screws on either side. Must remove right side trim as well. Putting back together to get it to close properly is the trick!
Do you recall if there are any clips holding on to the right side trim? I removed two screws and seems to still hold on. I assume this is the trim that the metal shaft for the door goes into.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Do you recall if there are any clips holding on to the right side trim? I removed two screws and seems to still hold on. I assume this is the trim that the metal shaft for the door goes into.
It's been a little while since I was in there, but I seem to recall that taking off either the end cap of the dashboard (where the AC outlet terminates and against which the door's AC inlet sits... if that makes sense), or the lower A-pillar trim, reveals a third screw that has to be removed.

Not terribly helpful, sorry, except that yes, there is another bolt in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts