The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at LSS tire sizes and they are very limited!!!!!!!!!!
I was wondering if anyone has run Yokohama AD07 tires on LSS Wheels????

Front tire size would be 175/55R16 (which is the stock size for the base not sport model car).
Rear tire size would be 225/45R17 (which is the stock size for both the base and sport model car).

You would be giving up a little bit of wdith up front vs the stock Yokohama A048; but you would retain the stock size in the rear.
The AD07 have to be better in the rain and probably have twice the tread life.

Any experiences with this setup?

What do you think?

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
My car came with the 175/225 setup. I upgraded to CUP wheels and have the 195/225 set up.

It seems like you are looking for "longer lasting tires" and there are plenty of options for LSS sizes. Many guys are running the 205/235 or 205/245, and you have cheaper/longer lasting tires.

Personally I wouldn't put 175 tires on the LSS wheels, but that is just me.

Many guys are running the kuhmo 4x, continental dws, general tires, and ALL of those last much more than the AD07

·
Registered
945 Posts
The car already understeers. Going narrower in the front seems like an odd choice.

I'd look in the 205/45 range up front. Lots more options there. Toyo Proxes R1R is in a similar treadwear range to the AD07, a good tire in the dry (comparable to the A048s in most ways) and an astonishingly good tire in the rain.

If you're worried about balancing out the rear, look into 235/40 or 235/45 (one's a bit shorter than stock, one a bit taller).

In those sizes you can also go all the way into the sedan tires (Potenza RE760 Sport) or even the all-season (DWS, Kumho 4X) range if you're really concerned about treadwear over performance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My car came with the AD07's also. Have tried the 205 toyo's in the front and compared to the 175's the steering feels heavier. The AD07's work well in the rain (I live in Florida, it rains everyday during the summer) and the fronts currently have north of 40K on them. The rears last for 13 to 14K.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Back in the early days of LT forum member Surferjer and a couple other guts tried a bunch of combos and felt that the stanrd sized AD07s mounted on the wider LSS wheels was the best feeling combo. The AD07s definitely have a more lively steering feel than the A048s, and stretching the fronts a bit seemed to work ok. You should be able to find their posts here somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts