The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nope, they usually have some kind of disorder.. :p...... :sad: Nevermind....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just out of curiosity, do these even exist?
My dealer (who is your dealer too, I believe) told me that there were no '08 Exige S brought into the US. Apparently because nobody in the US was interested in it given the existence of the S240 and Elise SC. Looking at the inventory for a large sampling of US dealers seems to confirm this.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
My dealer (who is your dealer too, I believe) told me that there were no '08 Exige S brought into the US. Apparently because nobody in the US was interested in it given the existence of the S240 and Elise SC. Looking at the inventory for a large sampling of US dealers seems to confirm this.
That can't be true though. As I know for a fact I've seen an 08 Exige S, right next to a 08 S240.

·
Registered
431 Posts
That can't be true though. As I know for a fact I've seen an 08 Exige S, right next to a 08 S240.
If you saw an Exige S220, it was either a 2007 model or the 2008 Club Racer which is the only Exige S220 to enter the U.S. and the only (regular) Exige S220 to enter North America was one which was ordered by Weissach in Canada...Denver never ordered or acquired through trade an '08 Exige S220.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
So the 2007 Exige S's are only slightly less rare than the N/A 2006 Exige?

I see someone quoting 297 06 Exige's were brought in. Don't imagine too many more 07's were brought in....although we know that 11 of them were at Criswell!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I can see there being 08 exige S's in other countries because they did come with intercoolers so making them as fast as an S240 isnt a very complicated feat(call charlie BAM!)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just to clarify a misconception and a misprint, 2008 Lotus Exige S220 DOES come with an intercooler and it's not even an option to delete it but the confusion is when you look at the PDF-brochure, it states that it's not available when in actuality it is standard.

The only dealer to order one thought otherwise and were surprise when the intercooler was in there...it's standard folks but not that it really matters since no one really ordered one.

·
Registered
349 Posts
are you from Weissach, FIRME :D ?
I'm going there this Friday for quick checkup ;)
You seem to know "things" that only my Dealership knows.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Federal 08 exige S have the same engine setup as the elise SC... no intercooler... the website pictures threw me too
Read FIRME post, Monsi
Just to clarify a misconception and a misprint, 2008 Lotus Exige S220 DOES come with an intercooler and it's not even an option to delete it but the confusion is when you look at the PDF-brochure, it states that it's not available when in actuality it is standard.

The only dealer to order one thought otherwise and were surprise when the intercooler was in there...it's standard folks but not that it really matters since no one really ordered one.

·
Registered
431 Posts
are you from Weissach, FIRME :D ?
I'm going there this Friday for quick checkup ;)
You seem to know "things" that only my Dealership knows.
No but was there not too long ago.

Federal 08 exige S have the same engine setup as the elise SC... no intercooler... the website pictures threw me too
Actually Monsi, it's the other way around...the Elise Sc has the same set-up as the Exige S220 minus the intercooler

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

I can imagine why the dealer would be surprised, because per the Lotus brochure available in dealers and in this link online, the 'normal' Exige S as sold in the U.S. does NOT have an intercooler.

http://www.lotuscars.com/_pdf/2008brochure.pdf

1 - 20 of 24 Posts