The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just another thought- does our Elise's lack of numeric designation(i.e. 111r etc) mean that they plan to only make this car until the DOT exemptions expire? You'd think if they were planning different iterations of the design, they would have to number them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think its just becoming more and more passe to have numeric designations for U.S. cars -- especially the way Lotus traditionally does it. The U.S. market would freak out about "so many different models" which are really just small tweaks to the same thing.

Just take a look at the user interface of sites like kbb.com and edmunds.com, they all assume a unique "model" name that will continue through the life of the car, and they have "sub-models" from ther. (Well, I guess 111R could be the "sub-model", but whatever)

Steve

·
Registered
107 Posts
Evo magazine rocks, and obviously has LOTS of experience with many revisions of the Elise. It's certainly a review I look forward to reading. I want to see if they think the handling and road feel are up to snuff compared to the UK cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts