The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
the color of the car is darker than what you have there. I don't think it would look right IMHO. I think you'd like the blue leather. I've seen that in person and kicks ass. It's more like navy blue. biobaggie's elise is configured that way if you want his opinion.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
mrluky said:
sadly, no. ive only seen Chrome orange, black, and Bordeaux Red

why?

happen to live around NJ and wanna drive?:p

i agree the red is kinda ugly, it just intruiged me cause i saw it in another car(not elise) and wondered what it would look like.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you see one in person. It is darker than 98% of the pics out there. For example, the shifter housing that you colored will be much darker in comparison. Everytime I see it I forget from the previous time how dark it is. I think it's hard to get a good picture of it because the clearcoat or something allows the paint to have this "aura" or glow about it under sunlight. It's vibrant I guess you could say. The closest color I'd say that I've seen was on a C5 Corvette. As my luck would have it, the only day that I forgot to take my camera with me daily I saw this Vette and it was close. The color is Nassau Blue it seems. Even in these Vette pics the color is light.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
shay2nak,

I got my LB car on Wednesday and parked at work next to a vette in this colorn Thursday. You are right on the money - these colors are extremely close. I am jetlagged in Japan now so I can't remember which one was barely darker.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
ex-M3 said:
shay2nak,

I got my LB car on Wednesday and parked at work next to a vette in this colorn Thursday. You are right on the money - these colors are extremely close. I am jetlagged in Japan now so I can't remember which one was barely darker.
Someone at your work has one of those! Seems like a rare color for Vettes also. I didn't know you got your car already! Congratulations! Did you post pics of it earlier? I think LB is a little bit darker.

·
Registered
592 Posts
shay2nak said:
Someone at your work has one of those! Seems like a rare color for Vettes also. I didn't know you got your car already! Congratulations! Did you post pics of it earlier? I think LB is a little bit darker.
My friends is not a Z06 but it is this color. When I get back I will verify the name of his color.

I haven't had a chance to post pics. Took a couple on Saturday but they were not particularly good. If the weather cooperates when I return to CT I will try to get some good pics. I love this color. Ordered without ever seeing one, but I am glad I did (I try not to think of the $1200 upcharge!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts