The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was quoted a 50% saving from Gieco compared to what I'm paying with All State. I've been driving 24 years and have a perfect driving record (knock on wood). I'm in the highest (best) tier for All State.

Has anyone switched to Gieco? What are you positive or negative experiences?

thank you,

G

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I did a quote with them a few months ago just to see and they weren't able to come close in price to my current insurer. Also afterwards I got TONS of junk mail from them and other insurance companies Several a week!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
GEICO is being a pain in the ass paying my claim against them. I have no good feelings for their customer support.

I use State Farm and they have been the cheapest I have found for exotic/expensive cars.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Do you want to pay for all those ads?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've had Geico for many years,
Since my first Loatus the 95' S4S, 99' and 02' V8 Esprit's, 06' Exige, 04' Esprit 04' Lambo Gallardo, 05' Murcielago and 08' Gallardo Superleggera all with awesome service and zero hassles whatsoever. I really like dealing with them.

I also have my bikes insured with them.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
YES, same experience here. I really don't like using 4 letter words to people but it got to that point with them.

GEICO is being a pain in the ass paying my claim against them. I have no good feelings for their customer support.
Plus their ads are annoying and seem like on TV every 10 mins too. :mad:

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Been with State Farm for 15+ years and they've always been fantastic. Paid a big claim when a friend put my RS4 into a snowbank ($12k in cosmetic damage) and didn't change my rates at all. Super easy to work with, love them.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
USAA put almost $14000 into my truck this winter after a lady ran a stop sign and hit me. Truck only books for about $10k

Even gave me 2 brand new batteries, 85 gallons of diesel and a check for loss of use too... on top of that $14k bill. I didn't have the truck for almost 5 months.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
My Geico experience is EXCELLENT.
Michael
ditto

as a 26 year old, i only pay $40 a month full converage with standard $500 deductable... (havnt had any significant tickets in the last handful of years either)

i was quoted $150 per month for an Elise from my last insurance company so it was a no brainer to make that switch to Geico

however i have never made an accident claim nor do i plan on it (nobody does, so why pay more?)

needless to say, Geico gets a :up: from me

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
My insurance is about $250/month for... 05 Elise, 05 Jetta, 98 Jeep ZJ, 98 Ram 2500, flatbed trailer and my house. $1000 deductible. (I figure if it's under that I'd just fork over the $$ to fix it anyhow)

·
Registered
409 Posts
geico is pretty retarded, they don't know what a lotus is and they charge you near to nothing to insure. I'm with them and pay like 100 bucks a month for 2 cars with low deductible

·
Registered
224 Posts
Has anyone ever filed a claim with Geico? I pay a bit for USAA, but they're customer support and 'fairness' is off the charts as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Has anyone ever filed a claim with Geico? I pay a bit for USAA, but they're customer support and 'fairness' is off the charts as far as I'm concerned.
Same here... USAA has always been good for me, but Lotus is SUPER cheap to insure with Geico. I would be saving around $400 per 6 months if I switched.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've been with Geico for close to 20 years. 5 claims with them, 3 for stolen cars. Paid me with no hassles. The others for roadkill damage. They paid for repairs and even covered my CF front lip which was not on my policy (BMW M3).

Insurance for multi-car discount is very competitive if not the cheapest. Combined with all the other discounts they offer.

Longevity with an insurance company pays dividends. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was with USAA and the rates skyrocketed after they paid a relatively small claim. I went to Geico and now pay $589/6-months. That's full coverage on my '05 Elise and my '99 4Runner together. Less than a hundred bucks a month for two vehicles. Not bad. Haven't had a claim with them yet so who knows how that would go down.

These days it seems like you have to rotate your insurance around every few years or else you are getting ripped off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow - I just ran a Geico quote after reading this thread... It's almost half of my USAA 6-mo rate! -eek-

I'm a huge fan of customer support, but that's really tempting...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts