The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
291 Posts
Your link is directing to "sliplo" Id make sure to edit the link to show www.sliplo.com, its directing to "sliplo". Havent used it though. About 50% of the places I want to go I cannot go to in my Elise because the entry ways are to steep. Thats what I get for living in this part of Virginia. I rekin if I hit a dip hard enough the front is toast anyways.

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
Best: contact SirLotus who makes protective pieces for Elise specifically.

·
`08 Elise-SC-220
519 Posts
I have had success with this stuff. Oatey 5 ft. x 6 ft. Shower Pan Liner Roll-41631 - The Home Depot
I made a pattern out of craft paper to conform exactly to the contour of the lip extensions and went about 7" back to the underside.
I cut out the liner to that shape and brush coated the back and the lip surface with contact adhesive. Wait 10 min's and affix. This is tuff stuff and I have already had a "contact incident" since I put these "pizza slice" pieces on and one was damaged pretty good but protected the clam. I just got my patterns out, cut new pieces and replaced them. Also the shade of gray matches the paint on my car somewhat. I have found that only the very front edge of the lip get's most of the punishment. My piece covers that but without protruding. Or, what @glb said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts