The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this was discussed before, I couldn't find any other threads.

Has anyone updated their side intakes on an older Elise to the newest style? Are they a direct replacement?

OLD:

NEW:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I know a lot of people replace the vents with either mesh or exige ducts, but I rather like the vents on the elise.

It just looks a little more "goes fast" to me

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I did on my prior Elise.

Body shop did it, but yes, they are a direct fit.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I did mine myself quite simple. Better airflow than slats. Better for intercooler. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1397740640.601339.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
972 Posts
Another +1 for the EP mesh side scoops, had them on mine for over a year. Only downside is fitment isn't 100% perfect unfortunately, small gap at the base on either side. Don't know if it was the mold they were made from or what.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yeah, pop the wheel well liners out, think there's 3 bolts in there holding the stock ones in, remove the those, then the stock slat and replace.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Been thinking about doing this. I do think the mesh grill looks a bit better, but I also like how it looks stock. Main driver for me to switch would be to make those areas easier to clean and wax.

If I do the switch, the OCD in me would want to swap out all the grills, not just on the side intakes

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I did mine (the entire car) I hated the cheap plastic slats ..makes the car look like 80's Miami vice testarosa and a kit carish IMO...lol. I used BBB motors custom made kit.. Think he's just decided not to make them anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Been thinking about doing this. I do think the mesh grill looks a bit better, but I also like how it looks stock. Main driver for me to switch would be to make those areas easier to clean and wax.

If I do the switch, the OCD in me would want to swap out all the grills, not just on the side intakes
I hear you, they are a pain to clean.

Anyone got a better pic?

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
I guess I am in the minority as well, this just scream MR2-S to me...

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah the OEM ones are fine, but I feel like they're starting to look a little dated. I thought about going for the Exige scoops but they just don't look quite right on the Elise.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts