The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering from the LOG attendees where LOG 30 is going to be??

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Gettysburg, PA

·
Registered
340 Posts
Gettysburg, PA
You're kidding! Is there some historical or membership aspect of LOG that keeps it away from the West Coast? It seems heavily biased towards the East for some reason. Given how many Lotus owners are in the West that seems kind of crazy. I mean really, this is two years in a row that LOG is virtually impossible for anyone in the West to drive to.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I'll be there. It's only 2 hours from my home.
You better be there...

You're kidding! Is there some historical or membership aspect of LOG that keeps it away from the West Coast? It seems heavily biased towards the East for some reason. Given how many Lotus owners are in the West that seems kind of crazy. I mean really, this is two years in a row that LOG is virtually impossible for anyone in the West to drive to.

Indianapolis is the east? :shrug: And wasn't LOG 27 in Colorado?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,134 Posts
Why the hell are these on the east coast. The last 3 have been in eastern states. WTF

I guess I'm not going to LOG 30 either :mad:

How the hell do they decide where it will be held?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Why the hell are these on the east coast. The last 3 have been in eastern states. WTF

San Diego is just far from anywhere. Even if it was being held in Seattle you'd still be 1200+ miles away... Make like Randy Chase and fly out there, buy a new car, and drive it back :D

It's not like these places are close to me either !!!!

·
Registered
6,972 Posts

Proposals are submitted to the National Lotus Limited by local chapters. A committee of the national group reviews and awards the LOGs.

Agree with earlier post that to us easterners, neither Indiana or Colorado are considered eastern states. All depends on perspective. We were wondering why those two were held in western states! That's what happens when you live on either coast.

Strongly recommend actually joining and getting involved in a) national Lotus Limited, then b) your closest local chapter and then working towards a proposal for a future LOG. I believe proposals actually have to come from recognized Lotus Ltd. chapters, not a group of otherwise unaffiliated Lotus enthusiasts.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Indiana not an Eastern state?! :huh: Perhaps you should study geography a little more, Indiana is well east of Lebanon Kansas, which is the geographical center of the US :shrug:

Colorado is a bit more centrally located, albeit slightly west biased.

I couldn't find a list of the locations of past LOGs, but Alabama is pretty darn east, and so is PA, St Louis, and Boston (which was the only one I ever attended), but it has always appeared that the LOG's are eastern biased.

Matters not though since there is a West Coast meet. Perhaps they should be divided into east and west events? :shrug:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I believe proposals actually have to come from recognized Lotus Ltd. chapters, not a group of otherwise unaffiliated Lotus enthusiasts.

This explains a lot

Lotus Ltd. Local Affiliate Groups:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Indiana is considered a central state. Perhaps you should actually try driving there from a real eastern state just to see how far it really is.
I have, several times

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I'll admit east coast people are spoiled by being so close to most surrounding states, so maybe to a west coast guy, 700 miles (NY --> IN) isn't a lot, but it is to us.

2800 miles from San Diego to PA is a lot though.
I agree

Sorry mopho, just try to get a LOG out there after next year :up:

nothing beats having to drive 70 +/- miles for LOG though lol

1 - 20 of 105 Posts