The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Understand one car was delivered yesterday. Storm Titanium, Touring Package with Red Leather. I am told that it is not the demo and is not a car that was ordered by a customer. It appears as though they are trying to figure out what to do with the beast. I hope they don't try and auction the thing off ... wouldn't be a great way to start out.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
They are lying out of their asses if they say that it's not a customer car. Let me get this right, out of 75+ people on their waiting list, nobody ordered this color combo? Come on1 We all know what's happening here. They feed us a line of BS that "it's not a customer car and not a demo car" therefore in their minds they are free to sell it at market without obligation to a customer and Lotus' requirement to keep a demo for 90 days.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I saw the car, and it is beautiful. I failed in my efforts to have them at least start the thing so I could hear its engine note (I am waffling on Stage 1).

I agree with all on here that it is simply unacceptable not to know if this is a customer car or a substituted demo. No one just has a car show up on their doorstep.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I just talked to Overseas today. The demo is not in and they don't have an ETA. They do have a Storm Titanium, Touring Pack, and clear guard, w/ Red interior that is available at a premium. I'm not sure they are going about this the right way but it's their business to run as they please. If it were me, I'd start at the top of my customer list and work down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts