The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told I'll be getting my car around Christmas and really hope I don't get an A/C that doesn't cool correctly down here in Texas.

I probably won't need it to blow real cold until about April or May so at least they should have a solution by then.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
WGW<
It was discussed at LOG tech session. At some point, the manuf. of the a/c determined a problem with solenoid or sensor not working properly, ie cycling to keep from icing. It was said the manufacturer of the a/c had already made changes to subsequent units. At the time Lotus was trying to determine the vin range of cars affected. I take this to mean that perhaps cars built around/after LOG in Sept. would not have the icing problem. I'd guess affected cars will be fixed under warranty.

Chris

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Thanks for the update, Chris. Great news! I'll wait for my recall notice LOL

Please pass along anything you hear.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
WorldGoneWild said:
I was told I'll be getting my car around Christmas and really hope I don't get an A/C that doesn't cool correctly down here in Texas.

Deposit #47 at Star Motor Cars
wow, Star must be getting a lot of cars :eek:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It was a temp probe that was not inserted into the unit far enough to work properly. The vendor changed it without telling Lotus they had done so.
I haven't heard if they are fixing cars yet, one thing I do know, mine is effected!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Re: Re: Has the A/C problem been fixed or addressed?

atyclb said:
wow, Star must be getting a lot of cars :eek:
I was surprised too. I was told that the build rate is about to increase soon. Expect a lot of cars to be coming starting in November.

They may be missing a bunch of parts and painted the wrong color, but at least we'll be getting them quicker! :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zvezdah1 said:
WGW<
It was discussed at LOG tech session. At some point, the manuf. of the a/c determined a problem with solenoid or sensor not working properly, ie cycling to keep from icing. It was said the manufacturer of the a/c had already made changes to subsequent units. At the time Lotus was trying to determine the vin range of cars affected. I take this to mean that perhaps cars built around/after LOG in Sept. would not have the icing problem. I'd guess affected cars will be fixed under warranty.

Chris
Excellent news! :clap: Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Joetz,
It's been adressed and was told by Dave at LOG the manuf. had fixed the problem, but I don't know that they've got the vin range for the affected cars yet. When I go for my 7500 mile service I guess I'll find out, it's not a big enough inconvenience for me. The little I used the A/c this past summer I just cycled the unit and kept the cold setting to about mid range.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts