The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold my Elise about a year ago and at the time my rate was $630 for 6 months (Gilbert, AZ) and my quote for the Glendale, CA would have been about $750 for 6 months. (Since the car was still registered in AZ, I keep the insurance there).

Today I contacted my insurance agent (in LA) and the quote for an Exige S is $1162 for 6 months. The value of the car I gave her is $52,000 which is not much more than my '05 Elise at $48,000.

Have long time owners (> 1 year) noticed any substantial increases?

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think NomisR meant for 6 months = $125 a month (which is were my Elise would have been if insured in CA)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Today I contacted my insurance agent (in LA) and the quote for an Exige S is $2316 for 6 months.

Have long time owners (> 1 year) noticed any substantial increases?
$4632 per year! :crazyeyes :eek: :crazyeyes :eek: Sorry, but I've never heard of a rate that high in CA!

As a 4-yr owner, my rate actually went down a bit going from my Elise to the Exige at the beginning of 07. Probably just coincidental with some other decrease.

My current rate for a 98 4Runner as primary and an 07 Exige as pleasure is around $400 per 6 months.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$4632 per year! :crazyeyes :eek: :crazyeyes :eek: Sorry, but I've never heard of a rate that high in CA!
Thanks for catching that. It's $1,158 for six months and $2,316 per year.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Mine hasn't budged - however, it's been rumored that the rates were going to go up here sooner or later. Don't forget that what you're quoted isn't always what the rate ends up being. I have seen the actual rate be much lower than my quotes in the past (especially after you factor in your multi-car discounts).

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What's the point in posting what one pays for insurance without stating their age, their coverage amounts, deductibles and driving record?
Actually, the question was has your insurance gone up (in the last year) and not how much do you pay for insurance.

I'm trying to get a sense if Lotus premiums have risen in the year since I had my Elise. And from the responses, I guess not. I suppose the price difference between what my insurance company in California quoted me for my Elise (a year ago) and the quote they gave me for an Exige S is because of the supercharger. Price price of the cars are about the same: $48K for my Elise vs. $52K for the Exige S.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Actually, the question was has your insurance gone up (in the last year) and not how much do you pay for insurance.

I'm trying to get a sense if Lotus premiums have risen in the year since I had my Elise. And from the responses, I guess not. I suppose the price difference between what my insurance company in California quoted me for my Elise (a year ago) and the quote they gave me for an Exige S is because of the supercharger. Price price of the cars are about the same: $48K for my Elise vs. $52K for the Exige S.

Have you checked the price for a Elise just for reference?

·
Registered
422 Posts
My rate is going up an additional $60 per month on my Elise. At last renewal in 11/07 my rates went down, due to a DUI dropping off. I also had a speeding ticket in '05, and according to the insurance company, it didn't show up til now, but at my 5/08 renewal, my rate is increasing. Icedog, where are ya?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you checked the price for a Elise just for reference?
I didn't but in my agent's response e-mail, she said:

I know the Lotus Elise is about $25 a month less... The Exige must just be rated high, given the nature of the vehicle : ) The replacement cost of the vehicle is what's making the insurance so high.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts