Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Hi Res

Interesting garage!

Thanks fast...got it!

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Nice to see Saffron. It makes me feel better. Hardtop looks nice.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Holy Cow! Who's garage is THAT? Whoever it is, I'm JEALOUS! They've got a '66 GT350! Such a cool car!

Bob

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
What winged creature is in front of the Elise?

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Oh....

wow. Do you run it at Nationals?

Very cool.

·
Registered
687 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
surfer, did you look in the blaup manual for setting your equalizer? I did, made all the diff. But the small cockpit and restrictiion to where the speakers can go is the problem.

But you can set up automatically using the little mic it has or you can do it manually, they have a chart as to how to set up manual depending on the sound. As you say, I didn't have nearly enough bass. much better now. Equalizer instruction begin on 31, with manual info and chart on 33-35.

Should help.
Chris
I thought you weren't going to bother with the automatic equalizer calibration :p:
zvezdah1 said:
I did read the manual and you're right about the mic. Just not that big of an afficianado of car stereos that I'll probably ever use it. Don't want the stereo to get in the way of the glorious exhaust note.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Dan,
I didn't too complicated for me. I just did a manual setup, then switched over to the preset "disco" and sounds surprisingly good. With the topdown a 40 mph you can't really get any subtle nuances in the music anyway:D

Chris:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you run it at Nationals?

I haven't yet. Family and work
have kept me from getting much
seat time. I've sparred with george
bowland in his new car, and I'm
not yet up to speed. Other excuses-
Bowland's new car is quicker due to
several factors:
1) Much more aggressive, unique wing design
2) Bigger motor
3) Lighter weight
4) Big undertray w/skirts
5) State of the art front
steering/suspension design.
6) George's son Todd designed
the car. Todd's day job is Indy
car engineer for Rahal.
Todd's car won the Indy 500.

So I'm working on my driving. The car
is brilliant and a blast to drive. But now
I'm probably more competitive nationally
in my Lotus Europa (two seconds and a third place
at nats).

thanks for help with the photo
dan w

·
Registered
77 Posts
khamai said:
WooHooo!!!! A Lotus connection!

Gary Milligan championed in his mod Lotus Europa!!!
Yes. The connection is actually quite close.
I own that lotus, and have earned several
podium finishes in kansas with it.

I sometimes think of myself as
curator of the milligan museum.

dan w

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats Jer!

Surferjer said:
It's worth the wait. And I drove until after midnight. Just couldn't help it.
Jer,

I visited Rothrock yesterday to look at their demo. Glad to hear things went well for you at pickup. I am more excited than ever!!

I was surpirsed to see how noticeable the clear bra was. I'm still on the fence about it. I can't remember whether you said you got it or not. What's your feeling about it now that you have been driving it for a few days (and nights)?

-Erik

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I got the clear bra, and if I bend over and look, I can see where it ends. So what? Small price to pay for how nice it should keep the car looking. Compare that to a traditional black bra. Yuch! If the Brits think we need it, I'll go with their opinion. They have years with the car.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The only place you can realistically see the clear bra, at least on ardent red, is the line on the hood which goes probably 10" up from the nose and is a huge relatively flat area. Not a big deal, literally can't see it anywhere else.

Still understand the angst about it, if guys don't want to get it fine, although I think a year from now if they put any miles on the car they'll be lamenting the fact that they did. As stated before, if Craigy, Arno and about a zillion other long term elise owners say its needed, certainly enough for me.
Chris

Surfer, been caught in the rain yet? Anxious to hear if ANYONE has any leaks on the car. None on mine either washing or torrential rain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow! all stunning photographs...

Thanks! After a few red cars though...I'd have to say the first titanium color Elise would be my first choice..

Wow! Congrats to each of you guys..

Awesome car!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Just drove a Titanium Elise in Boston. Color is great but honestly the Elise looks great in any color. Very impressed with looks and build.

I was able to induce a little understeer on an on-ramp in this non-sport demo. A little more rubber up front and R compounds should do the trick. Really impressed with the high end umph. No slouch on the first cam either. The car does not need to be driven hard to go fast. Felt solid at high speed, more so than the 111S I drove in the past. The 111 felt twitchy in the steering and in response to uneven road surfaces. The Fed is much more mannered while not giving up any of the visceral experience. BTW, you are into triple digit speeds on the second cam in 4th and it comes quick. Exhaust is great, sl throaty, definitely not ricey at all.

BTW, my car is in port and I've got the VIN #. I'll be getting a Saffron Sport. Can't wait.

61 - 80 of 2046 Posts