The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 160 of 2046 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got the car last Saturday and am having a blast with it.
First impressions:
* It is really small; i owned a Miata as my first sports car and this is REALLY small. You look at the bumpers of almost any car or truck in traffic--takes a little getting used to, but it is really fun on an open road.
* Amazingly compliant over rough roads for being so stiff--quite a decent ride
* the car feels very solid; no rattles--way different than an old euoro version one that I drove
* the stage 2 exhaust is really loud; my wife claims that it does not sound as loud as the 99 esprit that I had, but is seems louder--maybe because you are so close to the engine; the "pops and sputters" in the exhaust tone are really fun; coasting down a hill in gear gives that burbling sound that is not dissimilar to the one that my 355 spider had--kinda fun
* as everyone has said, the car is just a blast to drive; so much grip; it is exactly what it has been billed to be and what others have commented on--that is what makes the car so special
* it does get an amazing amount of attention: I went to see the new 997 at a Porsche dealer and the staff all wanted to see my car; I was sitting behind a beautiful 911 c4s at a light and a group of hs guys were stuck in traffic on the other side--completely ignored the c4s and were hooting and hollering about the elise--this aspect of course is not always a lot of fun unless you like that sort of thing
* stereo sucks as has been stated--radio is OK and that is all I really listen to anyway; the Maserati has an awesome stereo so if I want tunes then I have a choice
* I agree with others that the shifter housing and emergency brake area feel a bit on the cheap and fliimsy side--feels strange to have the whole thing move when you shift.

Enough for now, the car is just plain fun to get into and drive

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
martin... any chance we could meet up? I would like to hear the stage 2.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sure. I am thinking about coming down to Qualcomm on Sunday if I can slip away--I have family in town for the weekend so may not be able to. Do you get up to North County often? I am between Del Mar and Rancho Santa Fe off of San Dieguito. I am still not sure that I want to live with the loudness, but not sure if you get all of the pops and burbles out of the stage 1 or standard so it would be fun to compare. Does yours have the standard or the stage 1?

Funny note, I was heading home yesterday on El Camino Real in Encinitas and a guy in a pickup pulls up and says--hey do you know Randy Chase? I said yes and apparently he has raced against you in autocross--small world--you are famous dude!

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Cool. Maybe I will see you Sunday then. If not, I look for excuses now to drive and your area is not very far (I live in Del Cerro off I-8 across from SDSU).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Martin. I just pick my Elise up a couple of weeks ago. Would love to meet you and Randy at Qualcomm to hear the Stage 2. What time on Sunday??

·
Registered
246 Posts
If I make it then it would probably be early. Randy, what time do things start and what time will you be there.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Cars start running at 9:00am. I will be there at 8:00am.

·
Registered
130 Posts
WOW!

That is the absolute most gorgous color cobination ever.

This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm ordering AR/Biscuit as well :p

Bobby

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
eletourneau
what number were you at DE? Is that their shop your car is in? Did you see any other Elises there?

BTW, Congratulations!

·
Registered
48 Posts
shay2nak said:
eletourneau
what number were you at DE? Is that their shop your car is in? Did you see any other Elises there?

BTW, Congratulations!
I was #7, but after the LSS delay, I ended up the third customer car.

I did not see any other Elises on Saturday. They told me that they had two 15 days ago, and that mine was the third.

The picture shows their shop. It is a very nice, clean shop (with mostly $100K-$250 cars in it).

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Ardent and biscuit, another owner with exc. taste in color combos!:D
Chris
Yeah, I saw the AR demo at Star yesterday. Much more impressed with AR in person. The demo has the standard interior.

Still glad that I'm getting BRP.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
eletourneau said:
I was #7, but after the LSS delay, I ended up the third customer car.

I did not see any other Elises on Saturday. They told me that they had two 15 days ago, and that mine was the third.

The picture shows their shop. It is a very nice, clean shop (with mostly $100K-$250 cars in it).
wow, pretty good jump in position. I remember Pat telling me that half of the cars that were ordered were LSS. I was supposed to go last weekend to drive the demo, but they are so damn far away that I can never make it. I was going to go yesterday, too, but same story. I probably would have seen you there.

141 - 160 of 2046 Posts