I got the car last Saturday and am having a blast with it.
* It is really small; i owned a Miata as my first sports car and this is REALLY small. You look at the bumpers of almost any car or truck in traffic--takes a little getting used to, but it is really fun on an open road.
* Amazingly compliant over rough roads for being so stiff--quite a decent ride
* the car feels very solid; no rattles--way different than an old euoro version one that I drove
* the stage 2 exhaust is really loud; my wife claims that it does not sound as loud as the 99 esprit that I had, but is seems louder--maybe because you are so close to the engine; the "pops and sputters" in the exhaust tone are really fun; coasting down a hill in gear gives that burbling sound that is not dissimilar to the one that my 355 spider had--kinda fun
* as everyone has said, the car is just a blast to drive; so much grip; it is exactly what it has been billed to be and what others have commented on--that is what makes the car so special
* it does get an amazing amount of attention: I went to see the new 997 at a Porsche dealer and the staff all wanted to see my car; I was sitting behind a beautiful 911 c4s at a light and a group of hs guys were stuck in traffic on the other side--completely ignored the c4s and were hooting and hollering about the elise--this aspect of course is not always a lot of fun unless you like that sort of thing
* stereo sucks as has been stated--radio is OK and that is all I really listen to anyway; the Maserati has an awesome stereo so if I want tunes then I have a choice
* I agree with others that the shifter housing and emergency brake area feel a bit on the cheap and fliimsy side--feels strange to have the whole thing move when you shift.
Enough for now, the car is just plain fun to get into and drive
Sure. I am thinking about coming down to Qualcomm on Sunday if I can slip away--I have family in town for the weekend so may not be able to. Do you get up to North County often? I am between Del Mar and Rancho Santa Fe off of San Dieguito. I am still not sure that I want to live with the loudness, but not sure if you get all of the pops and burbles out of the stage 1 or standard so it would be fun to compare. Does yours have the standard or the stage 1?
Funny note, I was heading home yesterday on El Camino Real in Encinitas and a guy in a pickup pulls up and says--hey do you know Randy Chase? I said yes and apparently he has raced against you in autocross--small world--you are famous dude!
wow, pretty good jump in position. I remember Pat telling me that half of the cars that were ordered were LSS. I was supposed to go last weekend to drive the demo, but they are so damn far away that I can never make it. I was going to go yesterday, too, but same story. I probably would have seen you there.
I’ve gone through enough cars over the years to recognize the feelings and habits I form when I’m about to make a change. It starts with YouTube videos, then lurking on forums, checking classifieds, looking to see what I can get by selling a car, a subtle hint to the wife, lol, and now...
This is Yao reporting from Indianapolis, IN.
Currently owner of 0217 Evora 400, moderately (heavily) modified. Pushing 410/345 at wheels. Basically track only, but do commutes too. 2980 miles in 3 years.
Now doing serious work on the car about everything possible. If there is...
Enjoying all the tips and info on this forum, many thanks, for causing me to spend a mini ****-ton of money!! haha. My daily driver is 2019 BMW M2 Competition so I'm super excited to see how Lotus compares. Question - the car I'm buying does not have cruise control which is odd IMO but oh well...
Been looking for a while and finally got an Elise. Couldn't pass up a 2007 chrome orange with 12k miles, so I flew to Jacksonville, FL and drove it back 950 miles. What better way to get to know the car than a long road trip :) Car is going in next week for new PPF, stripes, paint correction...
I am a huge car nut have have been looking for an Elise to fill the void that comes from not being able to afford a Mclaren F1 for some time. I recently jumped on one in Arizona with a bit over 95K miles on it and it is honestly every bit of what I expected (apart from the crappy 2005 seats)...