The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving home thank god I was already off highway. As I turn on my block the gas pedal goes all the way down wtf. Is it broken I had to push my car all the way home. Now what do I do. I'm in garden city ny usually take it to Waldir but think he is in brazil.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
2005 right? Probably something simple. It attaches to something at each end, start there. I doubt you were able to break the cable itself (unless it rubbed on something sharp).

Check behind the gas pedal and then the throttle body. It's right behind the drivers seat in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Nothing really only thing I noticed was on hard cornering brake light would flicker.
Left turn? Put some fuel in it.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Be glad it was so close to home. Pretty cool.

The Europa blew an ancient rear brake cylinder very near our house!

The Evora went into limp mode two miles from the dealer where we had a maintenance appointment already set up!

I crashed the Elise only two states away from a great shop where I already had an appointment set up for roll cage install. And happened to have a trailer and tow vehicle all our own right there!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Sounds like a detached throttle cable (see attached pic, for location of the attachment to the throttle body, which is easy to see by simply opening the engine hatch) If the cable on that is slack then its detached somewhere. If the cable doesn't seem to be there you know where it detached! At the throttle body or at the pedal are the two most likely spots.

Ignore the folks who are trying to make them selves feel superior by ragging on your rather melodramatic thread title.

In any case this is an easy fix for a dealer or competent mechanic, not even that hard for DIY, except one needs to get the tension right so that there's no significant slack but the throttle fully disengages when the pedal is released.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
IIRC The brake light on cornering is something simple too, I remember reading about it here, but I can't remember the issue at the moment. Search the foum a bit (use the google search, it's way better). I doubt it's related to the throttle issue.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car issues. Hopefully (seems like) it's something simple like the throttle cable.
Just remember how much joy the car brings you when it's running properly.

Chris

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Sounds like a detached throttle cable (see attached pic, for location of the attachment to the throttle body, which is easy to see by simply opening the engine hatch) If the cable on that is slack then its detached somewhere. If the cable doesn't seem to be there you know where it detached! At the throttle body or at the pedal are the two most likely spots.

Ignore the folks who are trying to make them selves feel superior by ragging on your rather melodramatic thread title.

In any case this is an easy fix for a dealer or competent mechanic, not even that hard for DIY, except one needs to get the tension right so that there's no significant slack but the throttle fully disengages when the pedal is released.
My money is on this. This happened on an Elise I bought new right as I was hitting around 1000 miles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.