5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has more Lotus models than I? :sheep:

(I gotta find a nice model of a Seven)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Late last year there was a very detailed early Seven kit available out of England. It was a bit too complicated (You start by building the metal frame and then you have to skin it) and a bit pricy given my level of model building competence. Sorry but I don't have the reference any longer.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You're currently at 22. Let me check when I get home. May not beat that but should be pretty close. Don't go running to Ebay now.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
These are some I keep at the office. 49 and 49B upper left, 72D and I think a 79 in center. Kyosho Seven in front. I've about 18 others, so we are close (for now). I'm looking for a 1/18 Eleven. My favorite is a 1/12 scale 72D by Tamiya. Also have a 1/24 Seven by Tamiya. Most recent addition is a 1/18 1960 Elite in white.

Office-modelsweb.jpg

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're currently at 22. Let me check when I get home. May not beat that but should be pretty close. Don't go running to Ebay now.
I also have two Opel Speedsters (Elise chassis, built at the Heathel factory), but didn't include them as they aren't "official".

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Adding up mine, I seem to have only 21...you're sick Mick. :huh:

You should get some professional help.:D

I'm very strong in Esprits...11. I like your JPS Europa.

3 of mine are exact replicas of cars I've owned (I painted the M100 myself.)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I have 25 Lotus slot cars in 1/24 and 1/32 scale: various Formula Jr., Lotus Types 16, 18, 19, 23, 25, 29, 30, 33, 38, 40, 99T; Esprit, Europa, Cortina. Most from the 1960's, 70's and a couple more recent. Manufacturers include Cox, Scalextric, Monogram, Revell, Strombecker, etc.

Lotus models are some of the most collectible slot cars, especially 1/24 Scalextric Lotus 38, 1/24 Monogram Lotus 38, Strombecker 1/32 Lotus 38, Monogram 1/32 Lotus 33, Polistil/Policars 1/32 Lotus Europa.

Have a Testor's Lotus Type 29 gas powered/tether car.

Various diecast of Europa and Exige.

Always looking to buy Lotus 60's era slot cars.

Not Lotus, but have a cool Cox Chaparral 2E slot car in 1/24 scale. Has a working wing...flattens out when accelerating down a straight and tilts when slowing for a turn. One of the more collectible 60's era slot cars

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
into HotWheels?

anybody else going on the 40th anniversary roadshow like this?

Need for Speed

there's only 5 of these going round the country, and this one is in my backyard.

I'm not a collector, but have memories of these as a kid, and they undoubtedly played a part for my passion for cars today.

does anybody see kids playing with diecast cars like they used to decades ago. :shrug:

it will be interesting to observe how many kids versus adults will be actively participating at this Hot Wheels 40th event.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mick, how does the 1:18 Exige look? Are you satisfied?
I am. It's AutoArt, so its high quality. It's an '06 European model.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts