The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the 12th... We were expecting cars by the 15th, and then the Clear-Bra delay cropped up. So have any cars actually left the port yet? When will they be leaving? I'm not complaining. I wouldn't want the CB to be installed poorly. I'm just curious as to the current schedule for the first cars to hit the dealers.

What's the latest word?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
More to the point, have any cars actually made it to the port yet??

This is a traveshamockery and we are doomed. DOOMED.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
But has anyone actually seen one of these cars??

I'm prepared to believe that Lotus has experienced all kinds of delays and has yet to build a single car, and Chris is being paid by Lotus to say nice things that will keep us from rioting. Shortly there will be another delay, then another, until ultimately Lotus announces that the Elise will not be sold in the US market. At which point we can all buy Honda S2000s and live unhappily ever after.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. At least until an actual customer car shows up somewhere.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jml1952 said:

I'm prepared to believe that Lotus has experienced all kinds of delays and has yet to build a single car, and Chris is being paid by Lotus to say nice things that will keep us from rioting. Shortly there will be another delay, then another, until ultimately Lotus announces that the Elise will not be sold in the US market. At which point we can all buy Honda S2000s and live unhappily ever after.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. At least until an actual customer car shows up somewhere.
Sorry Honda S2000 just doesn't do it for me. Maybe a Boxster S...?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
jml1952 said:
Does anybody know the address of the two distribution centers? Perhaps somebody nearby could try to sneak a photo through a hole in a fence. I'd like to see a shot of a parking lot full of Elises plus some evidence that they are actually on US soil :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Here are hundreds of Elisi arriving at the Port of Long Beach. Or possibly rattan furniture from the Philippines. Definitely one or the other. Maybe.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
And here we have a parking lot full of little Elisi. However, cleverly disguised to throw off any paparazzi trying to get photos before the official unveiling.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
HI Guys,
Remember, the letter from English said cars would leave LATE in the week of 7/12, I take that to mean Thrus or Frid.

Chris
Since it is Lotus, it's a given that it will be LATE in the week. ;)

Which day is Thrus? :confused:

·
Registered
125 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
HI Guys,
Remember, the letter from English said cars would leave LATE in the week of 7/12, I take that to mean Thrus or Frid.

Chris
But remember that to us 7/12/04 means the seventh of december 2004:D

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Spy photos are definitely in order! Where is this alleged distribution center?

Likewise, if anyone has any clues as to where the San Diego operations might be, I'd be happy to go do some lens stalking.

I can't tell if the closed containers are being opened in San Diego (driven down from Long Beach), or if they're just making a stop here to change trucks and drive away under cover of darkness.

If they're being opened, revealing the lucious rare Elisefruit inside, then I need a name or address right away!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Talked to my dealer this morning, he says that Lotus will not release ANY cars until at least one car per dealer is available to be released simultaneously. He says this means no cars will be at dealers until the week of the 19th. I told him about the John English memo and he said "don't believe all of that internet speculation, I'll call you when the car or cars arrive." I said OK.
I sell Porsche at work and this is exactly how they do their releases. As a manufacturer you have to treat the dealers pretty fairly..
I still hope he is wrong but with some dealers getting sport pak demos he probably isn't.
Let's just revel in the thought of all of those Elises building up at the two ports! Major climax building!!!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Ground Loop,
The cars are coming into the Long Beach container terminal, they are then loaded onto trucks still in their cotainer cocoons, the trucks take them to Pasha shipping services at Port Huneme in San Diego, Pasha then pulls the cars out of their transport cells, coordinates the port process (port PDI), clear bra applications and trucking to individual dealers.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
perryeyges said:
Ground Loop,
The cars are coming into the Long Beach container terminal, they are then loaded onto trucks still in their cotainer cocoons, the trucks take them to Pasha shipping services at Port Huneme in San Diego, Pasha then pulls the cars out of their transport cells, coordinates the port process (port PDI), clear bra applications and trucking to individual dealers.
Perry,

What about US Customs Service or DOT. AKA our Government. They can and have the power to hold up cars for a few days, weeks, etc.

I hope this does NOT happen, but I have seen it happen in the past.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
perryeyges said:
Ground Loop,
But, but.. Port Hueneme is in Oxnard, above Long Beach and LA. I'm confused.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
But the name PASHA Group gives us something to fantasize over.. Check this out:

Development of a 700-acre intermodal logistics and distribution complex now underway by the Pasha Group will anchor the new Southern California Logistics Airport (SCLA), the region’s first so called inland port in Victorville, California about 75 miles northeast of Los Angeles. [...] Moreover, imported automobiles would be unloaded from ships at Long Beach and Los Angeles ports and put directly onto rail cars to transport them to the distribution complex for preparation before delivering them to auto dealers.

Hmmm! I've seen this Logistics Airport on the way back from Vegas.. it's like a big parking lot for airplanes.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
mitch,
A few cars from the first shipment to the east coast were spotted by one of our members heading to Brunswick GA on I-95 from Charleston. I later confirmed those were indeed some of the first cars. Far as I know none are leaving until later this week.

Mitch, customs must have not been an issue as they would have had to clear customs before trucking to Brunswick. The cars were sited about three days after the ship hit port.

Perry's right, as I recall, they arrive at one port facility and are transported to a distribution center somewhere around LA.

Chris
PS I can feel it, we're gettin close now!!:clap:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts