The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got "the call" today. My car (sn 301xx) will be shipped to the dealer on July 30. Dealer says it takes 12-15 days. This is a standard model. He will get his LSS demo with this shipment, but must keep it for at least 120 days, therefore he can not swap with me if I should want LSS.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The PASHA group is all over the place, but it seems to have a big car processing facility in San Diego, so I would guess that the containers leave Port of LB by truck or rail and head there. Port Hueneme is about 2 hours north of Long Beach and San Diego is about 2 hours south, so it would involve a lot of backtracking to head up to Hueneme, then head back to San Diego.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
More likely is that Long Beach isn't involved at all -- the boat would dock in Hueneme, unload the containers, and they would truck down to San Diego for unpacking.

If the two ports are within two hours of trucking, there might be other costs involved that make it worthwhile to truck them further.

If I can find the PASHA facility in San Diego, it might be worth a peek to see if any Lotus skin is showing.

National City Marine Terminal

This is a 125 acre complex and a primary port of entry for Honda, Acura, Volkswagen, Isuzu, Mitsubishi Fuso, and Hino Motors vehicles.

Pasha Services processes more than 250,000 import and export vehicles annually for distribution by rail and truck throughout the United States. The terminal is capable of handling well over 300,000 vehicles per year.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
perryeyges said:
Ground Loop,
The cars are coming into the Long Beach container terminal, they are then loaded onto trucks still in their cotainer cocoons, the trucks take them to Pasha shipping services at Port Huneme in San Diego, Pasha then pulls the cars out of their transport cells, coordinates the port process (port PDI), clear bra applications and trucking to individual dealers.
Assuming this is true, I work close to the 101 and Silver star motors, between Long Beach and port Huneme (sp).

This means my car will pass me going west in a container, then East on a transporter, then again West on a transporter before I get it....

And they thought that Tantalus had it bad....

Steve

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I live 80 miles from Lotus USA in Georgia. I just bought a full ninja suit and painted my car flat black. I am going to be infiltrating the location at an undisclosed time and post pics asap. No really, the first part was true and Im expected to be in the area this week. If all goes well, ill have some info.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
I live 80 miles from Lotus USA in Georgia. I just bought a full ninja suit and painted my car flat black. I am going to be infiltrating the location at an undisclosed time and post pics asap. No really, the first part was true and Im expected to be in the area this week. If all goes well, ill have some info.
Cool, If you can get Photo's that would be great since a photo is worth a thousand words. Seeing is believing;)

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Just talked to my dealer, and the latest info is that the demos will start shipping to the dealers this week, and all of them should receive theirs by end of the month. They weren't given a precise date.

It now sounds like customer cars will be coming in small numbers until October, and won't reach full volume until November deliveries.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Aaaaaarrrrgghh said:
Do the Loti come into port in Charleston?
Brunswick

21 - 32 of 32 Posts