The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it will be a while till any of us get our Fed Elise, maybe we can do the next best thing in the mean time.
For those that have Gran Turismo 3 on PS2 , lets try racing our car. The rules are this:

Buy an Elise 190, no modifications except tires, choose any tire you'd like. Do "free run" laps on the following tracks:
Apricot Hill
Laguna Seca
Grand Valley

Email me your best lap times for all three tracks (or a subset of the 3 if there is one you don't like).
Email: [email protected]
On Tuesday morning Feb 10th I will post all the results I have received by 10am Eastern Standard time.
If people like this, maybe we can try again sometime with different tracks etc.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
With rain on the way this w/e, I'm in for a few laps. Relative to other available cars, the 190 sure seems to take it's time around Laguna Seca- especially w/o mods.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
z06fun said:

Buy an Elise 190, no modifications except tires, choose any tire you'd like. Do "free run" laps on the following tracks:
Apricot Hill
Laguna Seca
Grand Valley
It's been a while for me on GT3:

So I went to the arcade mode and I can't play those tracks under free run. Did I forgot something?

Also, can we turn of the traction assist crap? Or is that mod?

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Another thing to add: you must use simulation tires, with all driver aids turned off. Slicks are far too grippy.

Oh my, waiters are pathetic :(

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
TotallyGreen said:
silly me. i thought this was a thread about a porsche. =(
Me too. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know the unmodded Elise is not as fast as other cars. In the future we could do it again with a fully modded Motorsport Elise if peopl want. If you have an Elise that already has mods, just buy another one. If you dont have enough credits you could try taking the elise you own into the free run and temporarily taking off the mods in the settings section. However some mods cant be undone like port & polish. I wasnt considering the traction control (TCS) and ASM as a mod, in general you will get better times if you turn them all the way off, but set them however you'd like.

If you cant get to some of the tracks on "free run" on the arcade side I believe that would be because you haven't "finished" the arcade side. I think if you do "single race" for each track on "difficult" and win it keeps unlocking more tracks until you have done them all. Sorry if there are some who dont have all the tracks unlocked, I forgot about that. Since the game has been out for quite a while I figured most had completed everything there is to do.

Sorry its not about a porsche lol.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great run. I realized that the reason that this car feels slow on these tracks is not so much because it doesn't have a lot of hp, but more because its handling is so good. I realized this when I took out an unmoded S2000 (also with the softest tires) and I simply could not touch the times I got with the Elise. I can't wait to get my Elise next summer and compare its autox performance to my S2000:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts