The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I recently picked up a fairly basic 24" vinyl plotter/cutter. I've been making some decals for my car and for around the house (and for friend's cars). I'm enjoying it but running out of ideas.

So you want a sticker(s) if you provide the art I'll cut them for you and drop them in the mail. Depending on what you want we'll work out a very fair price - I'm not (yet) looking to really make money, just to test the waters a bit.

I've already made a bunch of Lotus logos at 3" diameter and they came out pretty great. I've got a variety of 12 colors but to be clear - I can only do single color right now (no printing, just cutting of a single color). Please no specific color requests, unless you want to provide the vinyl somehow (just give me a "blue" "green" "white"). Also all colors are gloss, that's all I have at the moment. I've tried cutting the 3M Carbon DiNoc but it didn't go that great. It's fairly thick so hard to get the blade right - if you'd like carbon I can try but the costs would probably be about double (much more expensive material)

I'm also not going to promise a time-frame for mailing them nor will I rush (unless you want to pay). I don't think it'll take me weeks or anything but I imagine I'll fire things up a few times a week - depending on what you guys want.

I'm thinking 1-3 stickers would be like $5 mailed and we'd go from there. I can do 24" x 5' as my max (and obviously that would be more expensive). 8" tall door numbers would be $10 (for both sides). Mainly as they take a lot of vinyl and it's just not that cheap.

As for the art - I can convert most things for cutting but think about what the end result will be. If there are lots of tiny cuts that means lots of time to remove all that vinyl. Big cuts (big letters or numbers) are much quicker/easier. One note here - anything you send me I "own" unless you specify otherwise. Just meaning I can use the files to cut/print/sell as I choose. Also know that my interest in your project will dictate it's priority. Requests for simple door numbers will go to the bottom of the pile.

To prevent a flood of PMs that I don't want to have to deal with DO NOT PM ME. Instead send me an email to [email protected] - PMs will be ignored and ridiculed.

So there you have it - what'cya got?

BTW I reserve the right to pull this offer at any time if you guys crush me with requests :cool: Man I hope I don't regret this...

·
Registered
572 Posts
I know you don't need it with those massive side skirts, but how about some side sill protection for track days. I spent 30 minutes cleaning the rubber/tar off the sides after the last track day. I would like to avoid that in the future if possible.

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While a great idea that takes a ton of vinyl - and in fact I had my wrapped when the livery went on. So mine are done - and honestly not something I'd like to tackle here.

Do you have a set?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I cut vinyl and other types of films and can easily cut some paint protection film for the sides like that. I've offered it on LT before but no ones seems to really be interested.

·
Registered
548 Posts
hmm I might have you make me these

A guy from my local area back in the day made these for my other car. I wouldn't mind getting them for the exige. I'll try to measure it, but I have no idea what the font is.

·
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that would be really easy but as you say I'd either need the font or a really crisp, high res photo of it I could trace in the software...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Here is something simple and takes little vinyl: headlight and turnsignal covers in the shape of our headlights and turn signals. Black would fit everyone and colors would be the next step. It would probably take two half moon shapes for one headlight, four total, and one lozenge shape each for the relatively flat turn signals.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
in regards to the above^^ could you do something like that in clear, or some sort of protectant vinyl, to help our headlights not go to ****e overnight?

just spitballin here..

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Do you have something that is sorta cling on. If I got some race #s, but didn't want to leave them on the car all the time. I know they make magnetic ones, but that of course won't work out so well on these cars.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah, that would be really easy but as you say I'd either need the font or a really crisp, high res photo of it I could trace in the software...
Unfortunately the car with the sticker is in the shop so I have no access :mad:

I'll try to find out what the font is, but if not then we can discuss what kind of font and size I should go with :)

I have another request as well. I'll contact you soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts